X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaviJean
    • Mar 2004

Development News

Hi,

I think it would be better if we can have information about current development status.
    What is going on ?
    What is the future plans ?

Sometimes we need to make decisions, i don't know others but i prefer jelsoft products over any other product. I know currently we have only vbulletin but what about others ?

Is there a plan for additional products ? We have no idea. May be only rumours.
    Is there an update for 3.6.4 tomorrow ? We have no idea. I don't mean detailed information but atleast a tiny message about "we discovered bla bla issue and working on it." would be better.

I think atleast developer based blogs or a company blog would be usefull for us.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Is there an update for 3.6.x tomorrow? We really dont have any idea about this, If there was a security issue released tomorrow that affected us, or was directly our cause, 3.6.y could be out tomorrow.

Comment

• MaviJean
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
      Is there an update for 3.6.x tomorrow? We really dont have any idea about this, If there was a security issue released tomorrow that affected us, or was directly our cause, 3.6.y could be out tomorrow.
      thats not my point.
      you can talk about or give simple information about current status of the project that you are working on ...

i provided an example for this
      we discovered bla bla issue and working on it.
      not for security related news ofcourse.

ok it seems, i can't explain what i am talking about.

thanks.

Comment

• TomJames
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MaviJean
        thats not my point.
        you can talk about or give simple information about current status of the project that you are working on ...

i provided an example for this

not for security related news ofcourse.

ok it seems, i can't explain what i am talking about.

thanks.
        Do you mean like some companies update you on how their next product is coming alone, for Jelsoft it would probably be their next major update to vBulletin. I think you mean kind of like the bungie weekly update, but I would imagine that they could not do it weekly
        - TomJames

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Yep. So then IPB or other boards can steal features. Top idea.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.8.x

You can view the status of all bug reports, that is public information about what we are working on.

Security updates can not be announced in advance.

We are always working on improving vBulletin. Which features will be in a next release is however not disclosed as it depends greatly on the moment the next version is released and we do not want to create false expectations.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• ---MAD---
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.8.x

Well at least of the list ideas you guys have and think that are worth considering would be nice just to see what is coming. I doubt the whole list would be wrong. You could state that nothing on the list is definatly coming. Could even be a developers list not a companies list so its not official.

Comment

• Mazinger
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.7.x

I like surprises, don't like to know what the staff is prepairing for exactly. (e.g. when version 3.5.0 Beta released)
                $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...