X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Assim
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.8.x

How do you rate the script?

I don't know if there is a thread for this already..

How do you rate vBulletin, the forum software?

I would say 5/5 (Excellent)
    5/5 Excellent
    70.00%
    4/5 Very Good
    22.50%
    3/5 Good
    2.50%
    2/5 Average
    0.00%
    1/5 Poor
    5.00%
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I've rated it a 1 out of 5, it is horrible!

Just kidding 5/5 of course, but that's a bit biased!
    However, the market-leader product of forum software that vbulletin is, is being used by the majority of the biggest forums online. It is also the most used forum package purchased. It has everything the other solutions have, and optimized, written with security it mind, and well balanced against usability and functionality. Why vB? Why settle for secondbest?

Comment

• bmc
      • Apr 2005

I agree with Floris, it's 5/5 in my book, and it's just plain awesome!
      The Relationship Forum
      The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Mazinger
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.7.x

i can't find any bug right now, so 5/5
        $post[signature]

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ahmed Saad
          i can't find any bug right now, so 5/5
          Bugs do exist. They're being discovered every now & then on both development & production environments. However, they are getting fixed as soon as they're discovered by vB team or either reported by the memberbase in the Bug Tracker. Bug fixing is an ongoing development process, & in no way it should be considered a software drawback unless they're not getting fixed in an objective time scope.

What I would rate a software for, is the rich feature list, overall stability, security, Web-Standards compliance, customizability, extendability, & customer support.

Although vBulletin fairly desevres a highest rate on all the above aspects, giving it a 5 rate simply means that there is no room left for further development, which is an obvious fallacy. So, yes, I gave it 4.5 rate, just hoping for the better, not for the perfect.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

With finding a bug you mean that you don't run vbulletin but that you browse a vbulletin site, right?

Comment

• WinWinvista
              • Jun 2006
              • 3.6.x

Its the best forum software avalible in the market today i think! 5/5

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
                • Dec 2003
                • 1.1.x

5/5 Excellent
                TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• jeffinj
                  • Apr 2006

I certainly give it a 5/5. If vBulletins the best, why do some big companies go for products like invision?? I have feeling that invision might be offering their service to these companies for free. I COULD BE WRONG. Im a happy vB customer.
                  www.christianforumsite.com
                  sigpic

Comment

• chewbacca
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by simsim
                    Bugs do exist. They're being discovered every now & then on both development & production environments. However, they are getting fixed as soon as they're discovered by vB team or either reported by the memberbase in the Bug Tracker. Bug fixing is an ongoing development process, & in no way it should be considered a software drawback unless they're not getting fixed in an objective time scope.

What I would rate a software for, is the rich feature list, overall stability, security, Web-Standards compliance, customizability, extendability, & customer support.

Although vBulletin fairly desevres a highest rate on all the above aspects, giving it a 5 rate simply means that there is no room left for further development, which is an obvious fallacy. So, yes, I gave it 4.5 rate, just hoping for the better, not for the perfect.
                    That was very well said.

However, on a poll like this, I rated it relative to other bullet board packages. Since vB ranks first out of the top five, I gave it a 5.

Comment

• Neal-UK
                      • Feb 2004

I find it dreadful. I wish I had gone with IPB so I can spend hours adding new modifications fiddling with files and code, rather than using a modern and fresh idea plugin system which means add-ons can be done in minutes. I also hate the ajax features giving it a modern, futuristic, live feeling. I find that the support staff answer too quickly with vbulletin support, meaning that by the time i've made a brew, they are waiting for a reply back from me...disgusting

I just hate vB.

I hate it so much i've only bought 4 licenses for me and referred two others to it, including a large and still rapidly growing motor caravanning organisation in the UK who love it, and I run the site too which helps. 5+ from me.

Why do all these large businesses use IPB?
                      Last edited by Neal-UK; Sun 8 Oct '06, 3:57pm.
                      [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• letsjoy
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 4.2.x

5/5 Excellent always fan of vb....just vb should not allow others to sale its mods etc...all income should be to VB
                        A's - Shayari
                        Miniclip Web.PK

Comment

• chewbacca
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Neal-UK
                          Why do all these large businesses use IPB?
                          They use IPB because they think more expensive means better.

Comment

• Neal-UK
                            • Feb 2004

I remember once asking a local webdesign company for a price for a guestbook type script years ago, before I knew of vB. They told me around £200 - £300! Obviously people were paying that too.

Luckily I saw sense and used YABB for a time then moved to vB after been told about it by Accyroy (Lurks on here at times) and with issues I had with the YABB software. I'd used vB before hand on his site, and loved it.
                            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                              • Sep 2001

I voted 4/5 ... all we need is some cms loving.
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment