X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thunderfall
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin Graphics

Some of the buttons could really use some improvements, like New Thread and New Reply buttons. They still have those white-ish pixels at the edges that make them look bad.

Why not spend a few minutes to edit them a little so those white pixels match the default background color, to make them look smoother?
    War is only fun when you are winning.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Re-matting the images isnt that hard, but time consuming, honestly its never bothered me here on any of the styles.

Comment

• kman2
      • Jun 2005

Two points:

1) I thought the default skin was the one with the white background, in which case the buttons would match and you wouldn't see any white areas around it, so it's fine.

2) It's pretty late in vBulletin 3 development to be changing the graphics anyway ... they might as well just wait until vBulletin 4 to design a new skin and graphics that avoid the problems you described.

Comment

• Chousho
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.8.x

Like mentioned, it's late in the dev life cycle, and I'm sure the team has plenty of work to do with code anyway. I'd rather a better software than a prettier one.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing some new User Interface things for 4.0. The current graphics are fine, but for some reason don't look as "current" as they could be.

Comment

• Thunderfall
          • Jan 2002
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chousho
          Like mentioned, it's late in the dev life cycle, and I'm sure the team has plenty of work to do with code anyway. I'd rather a better software than a prettier one.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing some new User Interface things for 4.0. The current graphics are fine, but for some reason don't look as "current" as they could be.
          That's true. I forgot the default background is white color.

I look forward to clean new graphics and new look in vBulletin 4.0.
          War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...