X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tree
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.5.x

MySQL Forum

I notice a lot of questions are about queries and such, enough to, in my opinion, having a whole forum dedicated to MySQL. The German forum has one

MySQL
    Questions about MySQL queries, the MySQL installtion and other MySQL related topics.

Just an idea.
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Should have called it: vBMySQL

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

Isn't there already a MySQL forum? I thought it was combined with the web hosting and programming forums.
      Forums

Comment

• TheMusicMan
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.7.x

Yes I believe you are right there Quillz. I remember seeing a post about this being merged recently.
        John

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

We actually felt that there isn't enough demand to warrant a seperate forum: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193559
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

MySQL support and server configuration support falls outside official jelsoft support. But we help where we can. Hence why we have such a forum, but not make a forum for each seperate topic; and have a more generic forum.

Comment

• Tree
              • Aug 2006
              • 3.5.x

Alright cool. Just wondering if you had thought about it before, and apparently you have

Comment

• simsim
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

I think it's just a matter of clarity. The MySQL forum has been merged into the 'Server Configuration' forum, so I suggest renaming the latter to 'Server Configuration & MySQL' forum. It should help guide users where to ask SQL related questions.
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• mhuxtable
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by simsim
                  I think it's just a matter of clarity. The MySQL forum has been merged into the 'Server Configuration' forum, so I suggest renaming the latter to 'Server Configuration & MySQL' forum. It should help guide users where to ask SQL related questions.
                  I agree.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...