Owned License Renewal - why must I enter my information again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Owned License Renewal - why must I enter my information again?

I've just noticed that I need to have all my information entered again whilst renewing my owned license.

Isn't this information already saved into the database?

One other question: I am required to pay VAT if I tell you I am in Germany.. What if I choose Switzerland to be my home country. Does this have any disadvantages for you? I don't want to get trouble and if you don't have any disadvantages you couldn't care less about what country I choose and I have to pay less.

The reason for my thinking like this is that I can only renew the license without VAT because I can't put money on my Paypal account (my Dad is in Australia right now) and I don't have a credit card.
    That's the end of that!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MrNase
    I've just noticed that I need to have all my information entered again whilst renewing my owned license.

Isn't this information already saved into the database?
    Nope. That info is tied to the purchase, not the license.

Originally posted by MrNase
    One other question: I am required to pay VAT if I tell you I am in Germany.. What if I choose Switzerland to be my home country. Does this have any disadvantages for you? I don't want to get trouble and if you don't have any disadvantages you couldn't care less about what country I choose and I have to pay less.
    AFAIK you need to be honest and pay the VAT. I cannot make any other recommendation.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

Hi Steve,

Yes I know that I would have to be honest but does this have any disadvantages to you (Jelsoft) when I am not? I don't want to cause any costs.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Ashley Busby
        • Oct 2002

I am sure that you are aware of the presence of the "VAT people"! They are everywhere. VAT is charged according to your country of residence and the address that is entered is used as part of the payment processing procedure. This means that the correct details will be required in order that the payment is processed. Our records have to show the details of purchases so that the "VAT people" can check that where applicable, VAT is charged and paid.

Making a long story short - if you are elligible to pay VAT, you should pay the VAT.

Comment

• MrNase
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.8.x

Alright, then I'll have to wait till I can purchase the renewal.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Yours,
          Dominik
          That's the end of that!

Comment

• Blue-inc
            • Mar 2006
            • 4.0.x

VAT these days cost to much... :/
            Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...