• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sharg
    • Jun 2000

Error message

Check this:

it returns:

Parse error: parse error in /data/sites/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/admin/functions.php(449) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: Failed evaluating code: checkurl('http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2396&highlight=top', 'What is \\\'top\\'?') in /data/sites/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/admin/functions.php on line 449

Is there anyway I could read my old thread ?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Sharg; Sun 3 Jun '01, 5:31am.
  • andy_C
    • Jun 2001

Me too

I've had these errors 8 times today at least

Parse error: parse error in /data/sites/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/admin/functions.php(449) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: Failed evaluating code: checkurl('http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2396&highlight=top', 'What is \\\'top\\'?') in /data/sites/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/admin/functions.php on line 449

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Comment

• Nicholas Brown
        • Oct 2000
        • 1.1.x

this sux :-(

Comment

• andy_C
          • Jun 2001

The ultimate pseud irony is that when I tried to read a message explaining what the error, i couldn't, because of the error. lol.

Comment

• Sharg
            • Jun 2000

Ok, thats fine.
            I suggest if you want to limit the number of error report for such problems, that you should make a vbulletin announcement (enven if you delete it once the problem is fixed).

You can't expect users to read all the thread and get informed randomly about the info spread in the board.

Just a sugg.

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Sharg,
              I hope you didn't think I was just brushing you off. We appreciate it when folks report stuff like this to us cause sometimes it may take a bit until we notice it (when it doesn't happen in every thread). I was just pointing you to the threads where it had been explained.

I know they aren't "annoucements" per se but they are sticky threads in there.

Hope this clears it up.

Kevin

Comment

• Sharg
                • Jun 2000

Sure tubedogg no problem.
                I don't see any sticky thread in the site feedback forum this is why I reported it.
                I just think it would be better to inform us in the annoucement forum. You know a thread like "Errors messages are due to php4.05 problem", this is where it would be logical to find such information.

This way, you'll get much more people reading it, because the announcement forum is very popular and you'll get more chance to have people informed this way instead of having them think "Vbulletin 2.0 has a huge bug" when its not of course !!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...