X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizzy
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.8.x

Here's a HUGE hat's off for Steve Machol

I've been running vBulletin for a couple of years now. I suppose I've been one of the lucky ones who never had a problem with the software or upgrades, never had a problem with getting hacked, etc. etc. Well, until a couple of weeks ago anyway. My forum got hacked via an open ftp port and it ended up causing way more problems than I had ever imagined.

The repair process took time and I ended up buying a new server, more because the other one was an antique and it was time. The setup of the new server took awhile, but eventually it came time to do get vBulletin running again and do the upgrades on it as well. I'd put those off for far too long.

During that process and had a few tickets in the system for help and Steve was always on the ball and got back with me very quickly. During the installation of the upgrades I kept getting database errors and since I've never had any troubles to speak of, I didn't have any experience with using PHP MyAdmin before. I've looked at the program and viewed my database through it but there was never any need to mess around in there.

In any case, Steve stepped up to the plate time and time again to help me get my forum running again. I don't doubt that eventually I could have gotten it done, I'd gotten that far with a fresh server. But it would have taken me hours upon hours to get it all done.

I'm still in process of getting the templates reverted and a few other little things that need to be done after a major upheaval like I experienced but that's ok by me, it's part of the game.

To Steve, I owe you in a major way. If you need anything in the future just ask. Thank you sooooooooo much for your hard work and many thanks also for being patient with me. That meant the world to me.

To vBulletin, thank you as always for the wonderful software. You are very fortunate to have someone like Steve on your team. He is a huge asset to the vBulletin team and vBulletin community.....in every way.

~Beth McCormack
    *SHOForum.com*
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Hi
    Thanks for your feedback I'll make sure Steve see's it.
    If you like you can also leave a testimonial here: http://www.vbulletin.com/testimonial_form.php
    This will then be displayed on our customer testimonials page.
    Last edited by Colin F; Wed 5 Apr '06, 12:18am.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...