X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cumhurkorkut
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Price of vBulletin

I think the price of vBulletin is very expensive.
    If Jelsoft decrease the price of vBulletin, there won't be piracy.
    I want to buy vBulletin but $85 is so expensive for a year.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There will always be piracy regardless if its 100,000,000 Dollars or 50.

vBulletin has not changed its price in over 5 years. We must be doing something right

Comment

• Bob Isaac
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

I think the price is reasonable. It is an awesome piece of work. If you want something cheaper then don't expect something like vBulletin. Others may be good, but..

Bob

Comment

• AndySV1K
        • Mar 2005

Nice first post!

VB is amazing value for money, seriously, look at what you get!

look at the support you get! in fact check out the post counts of some of the VB bods on here, you just cant argue with those numbers (unless they are rigged! )

Also, what about the continuous development?

really if you beleive its not worth the money, you simply shouldnt have it anyway.

Andy.

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

For the price Jelsoft license their software for is a steal!
          I have been very happy with the support I have received.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

They even bittorrent the free software solutions like phpBB, etc .. regardless of price there are always 11 year olds.

We have no intention to lower our prices at all as far as I know, as we have already priced our products very competative.

Piracy is bad, I recommend against it. Our anti piracy team is active and doing many many many cases per day and have a very high success rate.
            For discussions about piracy and anti piracy you're free to open a dialog on vBulletin's anti piracy company's web site piratereports.com

Comment

• civileng68
              • Mar 2006

Well

Quite frankly I cannot even believe we're having this discussion considering I just got the program and am blown away at how much detail went into it. Im blown away at how many options you have as an administrator.

If you buy the one time lisence, do you realize how cheap that really is?

Im very appreciative of the program and price.

Comment

• harmor
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by civileng68
                Quite frankly I cannot even believe we're having this discussion considering I just got the program and am blown away at how much detail went into it. Im blown away at how many options you have as an administrator.

If you buy the one time lisence, do you realize how cheap that really is?

Im very appreciative of the program and price.
                People fail to realize that the "Owned" license means they can keep it for the rest of their life, maybe even pass it on without paying another cent.

I do think the leased should be dropped to $60 because $85 is a little much.

Comment

• NTFU2
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.5.x

I agree i started out with a 1 year lease, and now i am going to upgrade all my sites to the owned liscense becuase you can not beat the price, features and constant support.

Other forum software that costs money doesnt compare in many categories, and trust me, i've been there and dont that

Comment

• Creepshow
                    • May 2005
                    • 3.5.x

I think the owned license at $160 is great value, but the leased isn't worth $85. I agree that the leased license should be dropped to $60.
                    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• MissKalunji
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by cumhurkorkut
                      I think the price of vBulletin is very expensive.
                      If Jelsoft decrease the price of vBulletin, there won't be piracy.
                      I want to buy vBulletin but $85 is so expensive for a year.
                      Thats not right i see people pirating flash chat wich is 5$

whats the excuse?
                      www.dancehallareaz.com
                      www.caribnation.com

Need i say more?

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 5.1.x

You get what you pay for. Fact of the matter is, those that are pirated, regardless of what they say, usually have backdoors (which would allow them if they want, to access and do damage to your site), and are just plain illegal. I know some people that use pirated software think that just because they are in a certain country that they can't be touched if they use it. Thats the furthest from the truth. Sometimes they refuse to believe it until that knock hits their door. Just because you know someone that runs pirated software doesn't mean those that make the software like VB know about them yet. Its very possible they'll know about your site before theirs.

Would you appreciate it if we came to your house and stole some of your stuff? Just because you can't afford it doesn't all of a sudden give someone the right to steal it. Its not hard to get the money. Get a job, (most jobs for 1 or 2 days worth of work at minimum wage would pay for a yearly license) then at least get the leased license, then ask for donations from members for an owned board. Simple.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • Dec 2000

What I also dont like is people who claim it costs us nothing to produce a license so we should drop the price. While it is true that producing another license costs us nothing the amount of time and resources that go into producing the software runs into tens of thousands of hours.

Some people refuse to pay for anything that is not a physical object. Software, DVD's, Games and even E-books. Reducing the price wont change people.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Vile
                            • Jul 2002
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                            What I also dont like is people who claim it costs us nothing to produce a license so we should drop the price. While it is true that producing another license costs us nothing the amount of time and resources that go into producing the software runs into tens of thousands of hours.

Some people refuse to pay for anything that is not a physical object. Software, DVD's, Games and even E-books. Reducing the price wont change people.
                            Oh how true...And not only the time and cost for developing the software, but also for providing support for vB, which is free to members. Help is here practically 24/7 and is the best around...
                            Webmaster / Administrator
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Onimua
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MissKalunji
                              Thats not right i see people pirating flash chat wich is 5$

whats the excuse?
                              Let me just put it this way: People pirate phpBB... that should tell you something.

I love vBulletin, and gladly paid for my three licenses. Sure, I could only afford the leased at the time, but I'm moving up to owned pretty soon since they'll start to expire in the next few months or so.
                              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...