Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Aug 2002

"Last Post" permission oddity?

In the "Vbulletin Downloads" forum, the last post listed is "Breezage Style" -- which I apparently don't have permissions to view. Now, I'm not complaining about not having permission, as I suspect that this post is within the "Submissions" subforum and is supposed to be hidden from regular registered members.

What I'm wondering is, since I don't have permission to view it, shouldn't that thread not show up on forumhome's "Last Post" column at all?

(Please note that I haven't upgraded to vb3x yet, so for all I know this an option in 3.x. I'm just used to posts and threads within private forums being kept hidden from view altogether from anyone who doesn't have access.)

Sorry if I'm being obtuse. Thanks and good luck on 3.5 beta 4, which I just noticed is live, woohoo!
    Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
    About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

If you have this question, then please note that to be able to post in the support forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

I don't have permission to view that thread either, and yes I know the yada yada.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• kira
        • Aug 2002

Hi ManagerJosh. Nope, actually that's not what I mean -- I can download attachments without problem. (I'm not that obtuse! ) I don't think I should be seeing that post title at all on the homepage, since I think it's in a forum where threads are supposed to be hidden.
        Kira

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

oops :/

After reading Colin's thingy, i realize what's up..thread was shoved into a restricted zone..
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Zonex
            • Dec 2004

Did they hack the board?
            Thats not a default feature as far as I know.

Comment

• Onimua
              • Apr 2005

Yep, can't get into it either... any word from staff yet? =/
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Andrew111888
                • Mar 2003

If they simply moved the thread, shouldn't it be off the forumhome last post column? I thought only mass move would leave the thread as a last post there.

Comment

• kira
                  • Aug 2002

So this isn't normal, then? Man, I'm gonna be totally stoked if I actually found a bug! Me, Miss PHP-challenged! (Not that one needed PHP to spot this ... but shhh, let me enjoy my minor success. )
                  Kira

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...