X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1host4me.com
    • Jun 2005

Suggestion

well i have a suggestion to meake i think vbulletin should make a free vbulletin too but you put the vbulletin logo at bottom and in the paid one you take it off well i think you get my point don't you can you please reply to this message.
  • weirdpixels
    • Aug 2003

I don't agree with that. To develop a free version of vbulletin would take time away from developing the paid version. As the vbulletin team would have to strip alot of features out of the free version.

Also there used to be a vbulletin lite version that was free.
    There is not a free version anymore so I guess it never worked out.
    Last edited by weirdpixels; Mon 6 Jun '05, 3:37am.
    http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

vBulletin lite was never meant to be used as a production version, rather it was meant to let you test if your server supported vBulletin.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• weirdpixels
        • Aug 2003

Well you actually see quite a few forums today still using vbulletin lite, so I guess those forum owners never took that onboard.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why the vb team stopped vb lite?
        http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

• Transverse Styles
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.6.x

It would only help... IPS offers a trial.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

If you read their EULA, it clearly states that people who's intentions are to run the board permanently need to buy a license.

Their trial is merely a way for you to grasp whether you like the software or not.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• KimmiKat
              • Jul 2003

If a free trial version of vB was available, even if it was stripped down and had a time-out script incorporated, would push the vB's battle against piracy a few steps back as some would hack it to null the thing.

If there is any "free" version, like most companies, it would be limited to in-house development boards for testing, etc. by the developers and staff.
              Kim

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

We have no plans to make a free vBulletin. But thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...