X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subnet_rx
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.5.x

vBAdvanced.com

This site asks for my vBulletin password in order to be able to download hacks, get support, etc. I think this is very strange since it's a totally seperate domain. Is this site a part of the vB network and it's therefore safe to enter my password?
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

It doesn't ask you to enter YOUR password. It doesn't ask you for anything related to your vBulletin license. It asks you to enter a password that you find on the vBulletin.org forums. In order to view the password on vBulletin.org (which is associated with Jelsoft) you have to prove that you are a licensed vBulletin user. That's how they know you legally own vBulletin.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• PootS
      • Mar 2005

I've seen in afew european sites.They are trying to get your licensed paswords.Becarefull.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

vBadvanced.com as conqsoft has said, is not asking for your license password, or your forum password, but a string of text that is stored on vBulletin.org in such a manner only licensed users may see it.

It also does not store what you enter into the form.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...