vbulletin Turkish site opened or is it just a scam?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HASANN
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.8.x

eyvallah dostumda

we do not need a host, we need your help

yani
    www.vbulletin-tr.com

Comment

• PcCopat
      • Oct 2004

I think poots had requested for an official site and jelsoft didn't have a reply to that. am i true

Comment

• Lizard King
        Banned
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.6.x

What I believe is Jellsoft seriously need to think of official Turkish site because there are a lot of Turkish site that are using nulled version of vBulletin.
        The main reason they are using nulled version is people living in Turkey still believe using unlicensed version of programs is not so dangerous to them cause most of the companies like Jellsoft are not officially in Turkey. If there will be an official site in Turkey people will start to take Jellsoft more serious.
        Most of the hosting companies in Turkey are not so professional and thats why when they receive warning from Jellsoft they donot take the warning so serious cause they have only a little customers and if they suspend their account they will loose money.
        I strongly recommend Jellsoft to think this matter cause licensed vBulletin owners are loosing their advantage in Turkey because there are lots of sites that are sharing vBulletin and their modifications.
        I can recommend Jellsoft to get in touch with Bsa (Business Software Alliance) and maybe prepare an agreement with Bsa so that Bsa can start hunting down the nulled version vBulletin in Turkey. Jellsoft can get in touch with Bsa from www.bsa.org.tr or [email protected] .
        Also I believe Jellsoft has to take Turkey market more serious cause the population in Turkey is over 70 million and most of them are young generation. Turkey can be one of the biggest market for Jellsoft.
        I cannot recommend any company or anybody who can start this but what I expect as a licensed owner from jellsoft is : Find a solution about the situation in Turkey.

Comment

• HASANN
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.8.x

we have already with www.bsa.org.tr contact
          www.vbulletin-tr.com

Comment

• Icheb
            • Nov 2002

I have serious doubts about your claim that they use illegal copies because they don't take the company serious enough. I would rather say they can't *afford* a legal copy.

Even if it were true and they don't take the company serious enough, you contradict yourself by saying that the hosting companies won't do anything because they don't want to loose customers. And then you say an official presence of Jelsoft on the market would solve that problem. How? Hosting companies won't suddenly have loads of new customers.
            Now even if it were true that the companies don't want to take action, there are probably laws in place to aid Jelsoft in this matter. And if there are no laws that could help, Jelsoft can't do anything.

So what were you saying?

Comment

• Lizard King
              Banned
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Icheb
              I have serious doubts about your claim that they use illegal copies because they don't take the company serious enough. I would rather say they can't *afford* a legal copy.

Even if it were true and they don't take the company serious enough, you contradict yourself by saying that the hosting companies won't do anything because they don't want to loose customers. And then you say an official presence of Jelsoft on the market would solve that problem. How? Hosting companies won't suddenly have loads of new customers.
              Now even if it were true that the companies don't want to take action, there are probably laws in place to aid Jelsoft in this matter. And if there are no laws that could help, Jelsoft can't do anything.

So what were you saying?
              The point is there are laws but Jellsoft is not represented in Turkey so hosting companies are not taking so seriously. If Jellsoft have a represantative in Turkey or a official site or even they will be member of Bsa then the hosting companies has to take Jellsoft serious. That is my point. I hope you can understand this.

Comment

• Icheb
                • Nov 2002

Yeah, let's happily support people who break the law because the company doesn't have an office in that country. Great idea.

Comment

• PootS
                  • Mar 2005

So what were you saying?
                  First fo all, thanks alot for your spent your time to answer us.
                  At the moment,we have no relation with the site which we talk about.
                  Turkish claints seriously need an official help and technical support about vbulletin.
                  At the moment , we are in contackt with the ''www.bsa.org.tr'' (bussines software alliance) about being officail representative of vbulletin in Turkey.You mean,we are seriously working on it.We want to do anything legal.

Sincerely......

Comment

• Lizard King
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Yeah, let's happily support people who break the law because the company doesn't have an office in that country. Great idea.
                    You donot understand something I think. Internet is not so old in Turkey so it is right now gowing and things like copyright laws are pretty new in here. Thats why we are facing this king of problems.
                    You may find my request funny or disturbing but the thing I am trying to do in here is protect both Jellsoft and licensed users.
                    Also in many countries copyright laws are not so old so I cannot understand <obscenity removed>. As I can see from here you are trying to abuse Turkey and this is something I will never let anyone to do. If you will like to involve in this topic I strongly advise you to behave yourself.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Any further abusive language will get this thread closed.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Icheb
                        • Nov 2002

Unless you tell me where exactly I "abuse Turkey", this conversation is over for me because it's pointless as it is now.

Comment

• Sunlight

It is up to Jelsoft if they wish to release the product in Turkey. But it's not something that we can control.

NEVER GET PIRATED VBULLETIN - the piracy reporters will get you!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

I am closing this thread since the original request is already being evaluated by our Business Manager.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...