Piracy report- Please take this seriously if want to stay in bussiness.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pirecy reporter
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Piracy report- Please take this seriously if want to stay in bussiness.

This domain - [url removed] is using a Nulled Vb3.0.3 Version. I wanred them about it but they replied that vb never take piracy seriously, they are just a joke.

Vb development team is not a joke, i am making this topic here to prove that, i hope my report will be taken into consideration and legal action will be took

here is a little proof - [url removed]
    I will report more websites in future. thanks.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sun 13 Feb '05, 2:56pm.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Thank you for your piracy report. We take piracy very seriously, and really appreciate when people help us in our efforts to reduce piracy of our software. The URL(s) have been added to our anti-piracy database and will be investigated soon. Your name will remain confidential.

We will be unable to respond with whether this site is properly licensed or not, or our actions, for privacy reasons. For future piracy reports, please use our online form:

Comment

• Pirecy reporter
      • Feb 2005
      • 1.1.x

i dont think any action will be took but i will keep an eye, this will confire how serious pirect has been taken

if i found that there was no action taken on those deafulters, i would love to use this board too for free.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

We always take action, some people are harder to shut down than others but we always do somthing. We are not some all powerfull coperation like microsoft.

Comment

• Pirecy reporter
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

ill make ur job easy ...

http://www.darkenhosting.com is their host. a nice host would never allow illegal stuff on his server.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Something is ALWAYS done. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.

Some may be hosted in places that don't respect copyright laws. Some may have purchased a license after getting their warning. And some it just takes a while to get shut down.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SupraT
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Pirecy reporter
              http://www.darkenhosting.com is their host. a nice host would never allow illegal stuff on his server.
              Keep in mind that most, if not all hosts rarely know what is being hosted, muchless if the software being used is licensed or not. It usually takes someone or company to bring the matter up before anything can or will be done about it. I do not think it is even fair to bring thier host into the discussion, until VB has an opportunity to discuss the matter with them. IMO

Comment

• Pirecy reporter
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Big piracy report.

These domains [removedl] are using a Nulled Vb Versions. I wanred them about it but they replied that vb never take piracy seriously, they are just a joke.

i hope my report will be taken into consideration and legal action will be took

here is a proof -

I will report more websites in future. thanks.
                Last edited by Zachery; Fri 25 Feb '05, 1:32pm.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Please use the piracy form located here http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy

Thanks

Comment

• wbear
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand.
                    Although I hear it's planned VB v4...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...