X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beforewisdom
    • Jan 2005

All I wanted to do was to make a suggestion

Hi;

I tried emailing vBulletin suggestions for their product.

I was told I had to come to this forum, then I was told I had to register, and then I tried posting my message in the suggestion thread only to be told that I am not allowed to do so.

Guys, businesses traditionally welcome customer/market feedback .

Market feedback allows businesses to find out what people are willing to buy. Businesses can then adapt their product with this information so that they can sell more of their product and make more money.

Your market cannot give you this feedback if you lock them out of the places where they have to give it you or if you make them go through hoops to give it to you.

That is a fairly boiler plate piece of business knowledge.

No offense. I still like your product. Good luck

Steve
    Last edited by beforewisdom; Fri 7 Jan '05, 5:36pm.
  • Andrew111888
    • Mar 2003

Was it a person or an automated message telling you you can't post?

Because in any vB2/3 forum, you can't post unless you own the product. Chit Chat, Presales, and here I think are the main places unlicensed users can post in.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

You can post here obviously, correct? What's your suggestion?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kthsu
        • Dec 2010
        • 4.0.x

I too have the same problem to post the suggestion. So I use this thread. I would like to suggest to add mechanism so that user can not update email/password. It should be OK that we, administrator, can disable the email/password update by user. This will make it flexible (and friendly) when we would like integrate vBulletin into our own system (in which control the email/password update). In other words, vBulletin should allow us to diable email/password update easily.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

Good suggestion and one of the things that vBulletin would need to add if they are going to allow integration with other scripts and other login systems.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Nice bump of a 5 year old thread...

Please post all suggestions in the Tracker so that these can be looked at.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...