X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Warning of licence expiration too late

I own a few vB licences, but for some reason I have them spread around 3 accounts (I think it's due to the e-mail signed up with usually being associated with the domain purchased for).

However, I've just found an e-mail in todays inbox telling me that one of the licences has now expired:

You are receiving this email because one or more of your vBulletin license(s) expired recently.
    There was no e-mail received actually warning of the licence about to expire.

The expiration e-mail provides a licence number, but *not* the actually URL of the site it is registered for.

More to the point, I have no idea of telling whether the licence that has just expired was an Owned Licence of Leased Licence.

I am no longer able to access the member area with the customer number so I can't even check any of these details.

I think vB is a great product with great support - but getting an e-mail that tells me a licence is finished, and cancels members access - without providing any warning or further details - is a bit off the mark, really.

It's not the details that's the issue - I can check those out. I'll also *presume* that I bought an Owned Licence, unless told otherwise, as that's my usual practice - but really the complete lack of warning is a little poor here.

Or has a warning e-mail gone astray somewhere?
    Last edited by I, Brian; Mon 13 Dec '04, 7:36am.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. An email is sent out one week before a license expires.

2. This email does state which kind of license it is - leased or owned - as well as the license number.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• I, Brian
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.6.x

Indeed, my mistake - it does state which type of licence it is - though I don't have a record of an e-mail warning being sent out.

Still, with e-mail filters and troublesome ISPs, that's not always going to be a surprise.

I'll get re-registering.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I own a few vB licences, but for some reason I have them spread around 3 accounts (I think it's due to the e-mail signed up with usually being associated with the domain purchased for).
        You can go to the members area, start a new support ticket and request the 3 accounts to be merged together.

I think I can motivate you why:

If you have more then 2 licenses of 1 kind into 1 customer account, your third and next ones after that license of that kind will enjoy a discount.

Comment

• I, Brian
          • Feb 2003
          • 3.6.x

Sounds like a good idea - I did have 4 licences already and was about to buy a few more.

Thanks for the tip, Floris - much appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...