X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

Downtime

This is starting to get ridiculous now. I can't recall a sunday this month where there hasn't been downtime. It happens sporadically midweek too. Can we get an explanation as to why this keeps happening and what is going to be done about it?

Regards,
    - Dean
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer
  • Andrew111888
    • Mar 2003

I've had downtime once or twice in the past month, and that was over a two-three day period.

Everything has been fine for me before and after that.

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

possible webhost issues http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=347726 ?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

We're not quite sure whats happening, the server appears to just hang. Its not pingable on the interface. I'll suggest to Kier to check the kernel logs when he gets back and see if that sheds any light on the situation.

Its happened three times since last sunday, usually if its in the morning its the backup scripting running thats causing the database to lock up but that should have been resolved now. The only other suggestion is that its something more serious.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

I've been noting downtime a lot recently as welll....i left a thread buried somewhere here....
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...