Am I allowed to add stuff to the copyright notice?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riesstiu
    • Oct 2004

Am I allowed to add stuff to the copyright notice?

Hey,

I'm a longtime vB user, and I am just recently getting back into adminstering a forum. I was just wondering something. I know that Infopop does not like this, but maybe you guys don't care. Say I add something to the bottom of your copyright notice. The actual notice in itself is not changed in any way whatsoever, I just added a line of text underneath it. Does that violate the terms of use, which state that the copyright may not be altered?

It's just a small, stupid question, but it's always bothered me why Infopop didn't like that. Do you guys care? Does it violate your policies?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there, apologies for closing this thread but I believe your intention is to provoke us. Sorry if I am wrong.

But to answer your question: As per our license agreement it is not permitted to remove the copyright notice(s) from the templates, unless a branding-free fee is payed ($120). The footer template is allowed to be modified, but in such a way only that the copyright is still in place and visible/readable. Adding text around it is permitted, if there is doubt one could always (as a licensed member) contact our support by creating a new support ticket through the members area.

If we visit a web site and notice there is no copyright listed on a page powered by vBulletin and we can not find details of this branding-free being paid we contact the license owner with a notification to restore the copyright.

Is the issue at hand resolved and we are contacted about this we can review the situation and consider the issue resolved.

Comparing us with competition software (collegues) is smart to do prior to purchase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...