X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPT62089
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.6.x

New site?

Are ya going to update your website? IPS just updated theirs this mornin! I think you should make a better template that outbeats IPS again

Remember First impressions should ALWAYS be the best
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.
  • Andrew111888
    • Mar 2003

I don't think they will. And if people base buying vBulletin on the way the mainpage looks, then it's their loss .

The vBulletin site is very nice anyway, it explains exactly what they are and information about it.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by JPT62089
      Are ya going to update your website? IPS just updated theirs this mornin! I think you should make a better template that outbeats IPS again

Remember First impressions should ALWAYS be the best
      Doesn't it already do that?

If you think you could provide a few suggestions for the main or total web site(s) of vBulletin, feel free to post. We are always open to customer suggestions.

Comment

• JPT62089
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.6.x

I just think the current look is just kinda... bleh... I just think it needs something more attractive...

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You never saw the old site eh?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by JPT62089
            I just think the current look is just kinda... bleh... I just think it needs something more attractive...
            Photoshop a suggestion that fits the current layout? Maybe you inspire the developers!

Comment

• Chroder
              • Dec 2002

I think it looks pretty "blah". Actually, I think the old site even looked better then the new one. The new one is like... a table with a border. I think Jelsoft should hire some designers or something (Even navigating is hard sometimes)

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Could you describe what you find hard about the navigation? Constructive feedback is always welcome. Experiences lead into innovating results sometimes

Comment

• JPT62089
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.6.x

ya navigation is kinda confusing and the site idk its just boring then you look at IPS and go "WOW that looks NICE! I think I will check out IPB!"

Then they go to VB.com and go "eh.. site looks crap I dont wanna buy this if they dont pay much attention to their own site!"

Im not saying I dont like VB or nothin I just wanna help you guys out!

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Im not saying I dont like VB or nothin I just wanna help you guys out!
                    I know, it is called listening to feedback and having a conversation

Comment

• JPT62089
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 3.6.x

ya... I would make something to show you that looks better but I suck at making templates :P

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

What I like about the site as it is now is the continued logo and navigation bar and footer on all the sections. And what I like is the use of smaller letters on bigger text and navigation on the left. What I also like is having a sitemap where I can find things.

What I don't like is the consistency of the navigation menu on the left. And that the main site navigation isn't integrated with the forum, the top links appear in the footer on the forum. Could bring confusion.

(Above points are personal)

Comment

• Andrew111888
                          • Mar 2003

The only problem I can see is it looks like every other portal design out there (not saying it IS a portal, saying it LOOKS like a portal).

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

I think that is unfortunatly due to the fact you have to place information on a page.
                            Using the latest javascript, xhtml/css tricks might be cool for one browser, but limits many other possible customers with older browsers. Finding a balance is hard.

If you have consistent links or info to display, it quickly results in being listed. Horizontal or vertical .. for overview, in a box, column or row. The bigger text (what users read) takes much space, and therefor has to be in view, for print or just for browsing. You keep ending up with such setups..

Personally, I rather see the developers put time in optimizing the vBulletin source code then optimizing placement of information on the site. But yeah sure .. tweaking a design doesn't hurt

Comment

• Chroder
                              • Dec 2002

Personally, I rather see the developers put time in optimizing the vBulletin source code then optimizing placement of information on the site. But yeah sure .. tweaking a design doesn't hurt
                              I can agree to that. Just when the vTimeMachine comes out, they can fit some more hours into the day

I'll post some more descriptive comments later.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...