Reports.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Naughty One

Reports.

<URL removed> has had their site up for months and I've reported them numerous times and they've been warned but no action has been taking. I know for fact they're pirating their version of vbulletin and I think it's wrong they've been left alone I bought with my hard earned money a legal version now I see I could just download it for free and I wouldn't even get in trouble?!
    <URL removed> has had their site up for months and I've reported them numerous times and they've been warned but no action has been taking. I know for fact they're pirating their version of vbulletin and I think it's wrong they've been left alone I bought with my hard earned money a legal version now I see I could just download it for free and I wouldn't even get in trouble?!

0--------------------------------------0//

I Reported these sites approx. 2 months ago and they're still up! now I bought a LEGAL version and now I see I could have downloaded an ILLEGAL version for free and nothing would happen? Now come on, can I see some damn action here?!
  • Chroder
    • Dec 2002

Just because you don't nice email explaining what measures are being taken, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. There are things that take time. Rest assured that your money was well spent in helping Jelsoft create the best message board software in existence. Don't worry, you too will get caught if you go the illegal route those have.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

[The original post was edited to remove the URLs for privacy reason.]

Something is always done. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires time and cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

P.S. I checked the piracy reports and each one of these is being followed up on by the piracy folks. As I said this does require time and cooperation from the hosts of these sites.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• okrogius
          • Dec 2001

Additional ironic thing is that before the URL's were removed, I have looked at them. One of three was showing cpanel's suspended page. No action is being done, eh?

And as Steve mentioned, the process does take time.

Comment

• Meh
            • Aug 2004

I must say another thing (seeing as I couldn't post with my old account I created a new one) The first two is owned by the person that is hosting them. The admin of those two boards owns a hosting service and uploads them himself, and will most likely not cooperate.

And thanks for all of your help.

Comment

• Andy Z
              • Nov 2001

As this person is most likely a reseller, it is not difficult to get cooperation. If the person actually is a webhost, then you contact their upstream provider. But it depends on the location and how quickly/willingly the provider(s) cooperate.
              - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

• Meh
                • Aug 2004

The Owner: very nice, maybe we will see some action finally

Myself: : Maybe.

Myself: : Arent you wondering what the 3 sites are?

The Owner: : what was the 3rd URL?

Myself: : well who could it be?

The Owner: : not a clue

Myself: : heh.. soon you'll see, son.

The Owner: : I dont think I will casue I onyl visit 4 boards and 2 of them are not vB and the other 2 are IOW and WP, so whatever

Myself: : Well soon you'll be able to cut that number in half.

The Owner: : o Ill still visit all 4 of them 3 might be on invision but IOW will still be on vB

Myself: : haha no it wont.

Myself: : what makes you say that?

The Owner: : I told you Fred has someone over at vB that handles these complaints and makes them disappear. Why else has the site made it almost 2 years on vB?

Myself: : You dont mind if i post this in my thread at the vB forums do you?

The Owner: : go right ahead it wont make any difference its all up to those in the piracy department over at jelsoft :-)

The Owner: : WP has an easy out by switching to Invision so Im not even worried if they do get a letter

The Owner: : hey maybe WNW has an illegal version.

Myself: : well i reported them too just to be safe.

The Owner: : Hmm I wonder if I can transfer an old lifetime license to WP

The Owner: : Ask that if you get the chance

Myself: Not if its being used for another board ;-)

-------------------------//

So he has a man on the inside, this shouldn't matter, so I wanna make sure they get checked out for sure.
                Last edited by Meh; Wed 25 Aug '04, 8:06am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...