X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ColinNeedsHelp
    • Jul 2004

Account privilege problem

Hi

Somehow I don't have *any* priveleges with my normal account. I can't post anywhere(!!), I can't PM, I can't see who's online.

I did fill in the email adress in the priority support form and the link on the top right (Please click here to be able to post in the support forums) that I see now is not showing in my other account either.

My normal username is: Colin F

If any members of staff want my email or customer number, I would be glad to PM them. A mail to [email protected] as well as a support ticket submitted in the members area have not helped this issue along at all.

If a member of staff could upgrade the priveleges of my normal username, Colin F, as well as delete this account, I would be very grateful.

Regards
    Last edited by ColinNeedsHelp; Fri 9 Jul '04, 3:59am. Reason: typo
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

To be able to download attachments and post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Note: Only Moderators and Admin can start new threads in the Bugs forums. If this is what you are trying to do you can post in the Troubleshooting forum first and if it's confirmed as a Bug, then one of the Mods will move it.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.

Comment

• ColinNeedsHelp
      • Jul 2004

It seems like you didn't read my post...

My email adress IS in the priority support form. Still, I have less rights than a normal (unlicensed) member.

The only other thing I can think of is that my account isn't activated. I did change my email shortly before filling in the support form, so that I would have the same email adress on all four jelsoft sites. So somehow it seems I didn't get the activation email. I checked my inbox as well as my deleted items folder but can only find the activation email for the original email adress.

Klicking on that link I got an error with a link to resending my activation email. I might be slightly unpatient, but I haven't gotten that activation email either. I also just now checked the email adress in my User Control Panel, and its correct.

Could someone of staff please be so kind as to check my account (Colin F) and if it actually is unactivated, resend me the activation link?

Thank you in advance

[update]in case it makes a difference, I entered the email to this account into the priority support list as well. Still, I would prefer to stay with the old account and delete this account
      Last edited by ColinNeedsHelp; Fri 9 Jul '04, 5:59am.

Comment

• ColinNeedsHelp
        • Jul 2004

Btw, I'm having the exact same problem on www.vbulletintemplates.com

On the other hand, vbulletin.org as well as vbulletin-germany.com work without any problems whatsoever.

It would be great if someone could look into this at vbulletintemplates as well.

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

If you still have this problem, fill out a support ticket with all the relevant info:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ColinNeedsHelp
            • Jul 2004

I already filled out a support ticket a while ago, but since the email adress of our vBulletin license belongs to our business manager, I coudn't see any responses. I also asked, in the same ticket, to have the email adress changed if further correspondance is needed, but no action was taken. Additionally, the vBulletin emails land in the junk folder of our business managers email box, I already had a sales support issue with Wayne Luke about that.
            Once again, if someone of staff could please check my account (Username: Colin F) and resend the activation email if necessary, I would be very grateful. I assume that should not be a problem.

Regards

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I've resent the activation email for that account.

As for 'no action taken', action is always taken. However we require additional verification before we make changes to someone's license. Please provide the issueid of this ticket so I can see what was done.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Omanya.net
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Floris
                To be able to download attachments and post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Note: Only Moderators and Admin can start new threads in the Bugs forums. If this is what you are trying to do you can post in the Troubleshooting forum first and if it's confirmed as a Bug, then one of the Mods will move it.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.
                I have clicked on the above link

then I have entered my username and password but without any luck

I tried 3 times..!! still the same problem

Then I have requested to send me my customer number and passowrd but it says " your e-mail is not found in the database" ...!! how come

Comment

• Omanya.net
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  If you still have this problem, fill out a support ticket with all the relevant info:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php
                  I couldent

I tried so many times

This is a message which I have got :

You have entered an invalid customer number/password combination. Please press refresh if you wish to try again.
                  Have you forgotton your customer number and password? Click here!

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Have you bought and paid for a license?

Comment

• Omanya.net
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Have you bought and paid for a license?
                      Bought

Paid

Do I need to do that

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Yes, of course. vBulletin is not free. You need to purchase a license in order to access the Members Area. Are you saying you never purchased a license?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Omanya.net
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Yes, of course. vBulletin is not free. You need to purchase a license in order to access the Members Area. Are you saying you never purchased a license?
                          Never

Why do I need a license?

what makes it different between those who have a license and those who havent got one

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

You cannot run vBulletin legally without a license. I have no idea why you thought you could.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Admiral Spock
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Omanya.net
                              Never

Why do I need a license?

what makes it different between those who have a license and those who havent got one
                              If you run vBulletin with a valid license then you are fine.
                              If you run vBulletin without a valid license then you are stealing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...