• Admiral Spock
      • Jun 2004

Agreed. This should be closed.

Comment

• TosaInu
        • Jul 2004

Looking fine.

Hello,

Our site has used a flatfile forum (problems problems), then we moved to a PERL board using SQL. We are very happy with it, but it seems to be causing problems with the server now it grows.

I've seen a few PHP forums and this one seems the nicest I've seen. A pity though that it doesn't have a nifty back-up like PERL Ikonboard has (essentialy makes many small dumps and TARs them). Fast, complete and powerful, even for 400 mb databases. You can pull some nice tricks like merging different databases. Nice alternative for SSH and the only convenient way to merge backups (I agree that we are in a odd situation).
        This is not a con for anyone who considers using a PHP board as I haven't seen any yet that does.

We'll probably continue using the PERL one (free, works, powerful, support) but this is a very tempting alternative even while not free. Is there an importer/convertor for Ikonboard 3.1.1?

Comment

• DarknessDivine
          • May 2004
          • 3.7.x

Check here...
          Post here to ask questions about or get help with vB's Impex import system to import data from other forum software. View the <a href="http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/IMPX">ImpEx Bug Tracker</a>.

Got a Boxer?
          BoxerTalk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...