• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenon
    • Feb 2001

nah i don't think i am.
    I help people as much as possible.

But that attitude
    I don't see why I should help users of a product that I don't support.
    is exactly the thing you are complaining about.
    You don't see why you should help such users. Well, then others don't see why to help user, or especially why to help you.
    And i would be able to say the same, why should i help users?

vbulletin.org was always a users helping users community.
    It was never a site where all customers of vb can go to get help on every question by members of the Jelsoftstaff.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
    - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• IDN
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.5.x

I don't support vBulletin anymore, why should I help their clients? If I knew PHP and this was before, I would help users at vBulletin.org.
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by IDN
        I don't support vBulletin anymore, why should I help their clients? If I knew PHP and this was before, I would help users at vBulletin.org.
        Then why bother coming here and causing problems all the time?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• IDN
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.5.x

I have as much right to be here as anyone else as I still own a license. I'm voicing my problems and not causing trouble by breaking the rules.

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

I believe what Wayne meant is that you have thouroughly voiced your concerns for months. You have made problems, if they exist, clear to the people who operate the trio of Jelsoft official sites, and it is now time for those people to handle such matters. The situation is not helped by repeated slander of the product, its developers, its support team, and even those people who have no official part in the product at all.

Now of course I will be attacked for making this post (probably in an infamous quote-by-quote format), but once again I am not trying to take sides, simply stating the matter at hand.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• IDN
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.5.x

If they do not want to hear opinions on this matter why is this thread still opened? They don't like the opinions and then they cry foul. I was a faithful vBulletin members up until a few weeks ago, so I don't understand how I could of caused 'trouble' for the past months on this subject.

Comment

• Arkham
                • Mar 2001
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by IDN
                I do not know PHP, and i'm sure if I learned it would be buggy code.

I'm guessing your have not visied here? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Almost every thread is empty or is full of bumps. All 22 pages of it in the past month.
                The requests forum isn't a good indicator. Forums like that are generally low-traffic side-forums, at least on the sites I see them. Not to mention that a lot of the requests there are either pointless, too specific to one person, unrealistic, or just dupes.

Are you maybe upset over a request of yours that went unanswered?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...