Scrap vbulletin.org and vbulletintemplates.com

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dolby
    • Jul 2001

I still like vb org and havent seen any problems with it... I visit there every couple of days and there is always a few new hacks to check out.

As for vbt its a site I really dont need since I make my own templates and graphics.

If they wanted to increase traffic maybe some hacking contest would be in order. Give away some Nvidia or ATI video cards or something to the HOTM.
    eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
    vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
    7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Supply the Nvidia or ATI video cards for us to give away? ^^

Comment

• Dolby
        • Jul 2001

vBulletin is the one with the money.

I'm sure if vbulletin's PR person talked with the PR person of either video card company they could give ya a couple cards at a low price for the purpose of giving away.
        eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
        vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
        7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

• IDN
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          Agreed however there still needs to be leadership to push it in the right direction though IDN.
          That is what Wayne is going to do. We can only wait and hope.
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
            • Dec 2003
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Ongoing work is being done with these communities to increase their attractiveness. The hacking community at vBulletin.org was created for both legal and logistical purposes that still exist today. vBulletintemplates was created for personal reasons which may or may not continue to exist.
            I fully agree with this reply itself.
            no need to check rest of replies. i guess.

vb.org is one of the best site for jelsoft.
            i recommend, keeping it seperate from current forums. else. its gonna make a big search for users to SEARCH for new posts etc. many other reasons too.

vbt.com honesty. there are very very few threads which lead to modifications.
            infact zac is all alone running/taking care of that site

people, need/search for new skins/templates when they install there boards.
            but its alas to say tht, since the release of vb 3.0 gold there is just 1 nice SKIN for vb 3.0
            this is said.
            vbt.com is growing too slow

what i can suggest. is merger of both vb.org and vbt.com

Sandy...
            TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• rebelsrock06
              • Jan 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP

what i can suggest. is merger of both vb.org and vbt.com
              This is the only logical suggestion ive heard. There are a lot of ppl here saying that they dont use VbT or they dont like it. Well it seems to me if they dont use it then leave it alone, because there are a lot of us who do use it.

BUT

If push comes to shove id like to see VbT and .ORG merged NOT Vbt Being abolished
              Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• AWS
                • Apr 2000
                • 5.2.x

Let vbt be what it is. Just another vbulletin style site run by a third party that has moved on and doesn't even participate in the community any longer.
                Expand on the style and template mod forums here or create the style forums at vb.org. It would probably be better suited here to keep the distinction that vb.org is a code modding site.
                Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

HTML is code, and it is modified vB.org used to have a tempalte area before vBt was popular and before the vB3 upgrade.

Comment

• AWS
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    HTML is code, and it is modified vB.org used to have a tempalte area before vBt was popular and before the vB3 upgrade.
                    I know the history. I've been around here a long time. My member number will tell you that.
                    There was a code hacking forum here at one time. It was closed shortly after vb.org opened. As far as vbt goes I'm not sure anyone knows how it became the home of template mods.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I know you have been, vBt was made by Saintdog, it was so popular and was receving tons of stuff, the vB2 modifcations list is so huge, I believe it was brought on due to its popularity, i signed up not but 2 months after it opened and im member number 2000~ or somthing.

Comment

• AWS
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 5.2.x

I think you have vbt confused with vb.org. As far as I can tell vb.org started in Sept 2001. I got that from Chens profile. He reged on Sept 20 2001 and since he is the creator along with Sinecure that should be the open date. It seems that opening day was Oct 29 2001. That date and dates forward show as reg date for early users. First post that I could find except for the ones imported from here was on Oct 21 2001.
                        I reged on Nov 18 2001. I am user 2020.
                        Saintdog registered May 23 2002 so I take that to be the day that site was created. First post that I could find was June 2003. I'm sure they prune. If they didn't then what happened to all the posts from May 2002 to June 2003?
                        I reged August 2 2002. I signed up 3 months after it opened and my user id is 1217. You must have calculated your signup date wrong.

Comment

• Xenon
                          • Feb 2001

I am user 2020
                          remove the ending 0 and you have mine

But, you're just half correct, vbulletin.org existed before Sept 2001, Chen and Lyle just restarted it, but there was vbulletin.org lead by Ed Sullivan during the days of vb 1.... (and i was even registred there )
                          The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Yeap that was a mistake. However, over 1000 people to register in the first few months is quite abit, but vBt was added because of its popularity, and i was off abit i remember my userid being higher (1308)

Comment

• AWS
                              • Apr 2000
                              • 5.2.x

I don't think it was added because of popularity. Even Waynes post above seems to say that.
                              We had a good talk about history didn't we?

Comment

• Zachery
                                Former vBulletin Support
                                • Jul 2002

Well i registered there when it first started and it was soley run by SD, it had no Jelsoft affilation, after a few months they got moved to the license system, im not exactly sure how it happened but it did.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...