Scrap vbulletin.org and vbulletintemplates.com

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shining Arcanine
    • Feb 2003

I also would prefer to see vBulletin.com handle templates.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

We do, and i anwser any template questions i can here in the Templates area or in the how do i section.

Comment

IMO both sites should stay,

vBorg deals with hacks and supporting hacked boards, this keeps such disscussion off vBulletin.com which is a good thing as most customers do not modify their code anyway.

vBt deals with styles, templates, and graphics which are allowed here. But vBt gose a bit further with the template mods, a lot of the stuff released over there used to be hack only, and vB 3 has made it much easier to do most of the modifications via the templates only.

Both sites allow the nitch vB communitys to operate outside this site, this also allows us to modify vBulletin to suit the needs of these sites. Something that could not be done if they where hosted on vB.com.

IMHO a better solution is having all 4 customer boards use the same member database so we could do away with the vaildation required on each site for each acount.

Comment

• IDN
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.5.x

vB.org is useless now with lack of support. vBT is just boring. Tried there once. I'm losing faith in vB all together (Not just the hacking point of view, everything) and IPB 2.0 looks quite nice in the admin point of view and feature wise.

We'll see what happens when my license expires in the next week.
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

Perhaps you'd like to volunteer to point either vBT or vB.org in the right direction IDN?
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• IDN
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.5.x

I don't know what's going on with vBT as I stopped visiting almost a year ago. (With one post and a lot of watcing) As for vB.org there seems to be no more love. In the past month in just the vB3 modification requests there have been over 16 pages of threads that have 2 posts or less. Almost all of those threads are bumps. There is no help anything and the staff are too immature and arrogant to run the forums. (The Admins have been mature). Jelsoft is working on fixing the staff issue, maybe the love and help will join and follow.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
                We do, and i anwser any template questions i can here in the Templates area or in the how do i section.
                Let me rephrase what I said, I would prefer to see vBulletin.com officially handle templates.

Comment

• rebelsrock06
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Even those mods that the members create ? ??
                  Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• 0ptima
                    • Jan 2002

VBT should be merged here and VB.org should remain as is.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by IDN
                      I don't know what's going on with vBT as I stopped visiting almost a year ago. (With one post and a lot of watcing) As for vB.org there seems to be no more love. In the past month in just the vB3 modification requests there have been over 16 pages of threads that have 2 posts or less. Almost all of those threads are bumps. There is no help anything and the staff are too immature and arrogant to run the forums. (The Admins have been mature). Jelsoft is working on fixing the staff issue, maybe the love and help will join and follow.
                      Are you volunteering to fix the problems at vB.org and vBT and bring back the love minus the milllion bumped threads?
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Reguardless of who is in charge such issues take time to solve, there is nothing the current staff or a new staff could do today that would fix these issues tomorrow or even next week.

A lot has changed in the last two months behind the scences of these sites, we work with jelsoft more regularly, and the staff meets once every month or so to disscuss the current issues and situation of the resource sites.

You guys need to give the staff more time to work on this, problems within a community like this take a soild and well thought out approch and much time.

Comment

• IDN
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          Are you volunteering to fix the problems at vB.org and vBT and bring back the love minus the milllion bumped threads?
                          I'm sure neither you or I can do any help. It's much more. A few people don't make a community. Besides, it's not just the lack or help.

Comment

• assassingod
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 3.5.x

vBulletin.org is quite active at the moment, and I think we all know that this is due to vBulletin 3 being released. As for mountains of pages of vB3 hack requests, this could of be been predicited. vB.org activness had declined ever so slightly when vB3 Beta 3 was released, because people were moving to vB3 (Although told it was unwise to). That was around a year ago, and now that vB.org has been releasing vB3 hacks for 5 months now, activity has been coming back. Now for the reason to why there are mountain of pages of requests, as I said could of been foreseen, I believe the same thing happened with a vB2 major release, but with vB3, I suspect a lot of people don't know the code very well and making hacks would be hard for them (Althought hacking vB3 is easier). Now i'm not saying that everyone should go and learn PHP and make their own hacks because that rude and would make vB.org redundent by defeating the purpose of the side - To give the vB community hacks. It will take time before known or not known hackers master the code perfectly.

Comment

• sabret00the
                              • Jan 2003

i agree with what you said about the member database thing, although i think only vb.org and vBT shoud share datbases.

regarding what's going on behind the scenes the regs will never know unless they're told

i think the sites are improving though, so shouldn't be written off, everyone should just try and hold on and be faithful for a little while long, if by the end of summer you feel nothing has improved or changed then start revolting but at the moment i think we as regulars to the sister sites can best assist them with our support, suggestions and activity.

on the issue of hack requests, i tried to make service requests a priviledge via hack releases which would've stimulated hacks being made in service requests but the idea was declined (for the meanwhile atleast) however i think it's a huge issue that so little hack requests are acknowledged or made although the people that do actually make them should really be awarded as some great hacks come out of service requests, i know i've requested some great hacks that i wouldn't use myself but just wanted to throw the idea in the air.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                                • Jun 2002

Originally posted by IDN
                                I'm sure neither you or I can do any help. It's much more. A few people don't make a community. Besides, it's not just the lack or help.
                                Agreed however there still needs to be leadership to push it in the right direction though IDN.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...