Thread Notification even when posts are deleted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave#
    • Jul 2000

Thread Notification even when posts are deleted?

My post in this thread was deleted but I'm still getting email notifications from the thread, is this the designed behaviour?

Oh and it would of been nice to know why the post was deleted.
    http://forums.cpfc.org/
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Yes, you subscribed to the thread when you made a post, youll need to unsubscribe to stop getting the emails.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

We'd have to log what post caused them to subscribe and I dont think there would be a sure way to do it.

I suppose a checkbox could be added to the delete page that says "Delete my subscription too".
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Dave#
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
        We'd have to log what post caused them to subscribe and I dont think there would be a sure way to do it.

I suppose a checkbox could be added to the delete page that says "Delete my subscription too".
        Um - what about when mods delete your posts as in this case?

Comment

• DarkDelight.net
          • Jul 2003

How about when a post is deleted (by user, mod, or whoever) it looks to see if any other posts by the same user exist in that thread and if the user is subscribed to the thread.

If subscription exists and the action would result in there no longer being any posts by that user in the thread then there could be a prompt asking if that user should also be unsubscribed from the thread.
          Sig? What sig?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
            • Dec 2000

When its a mod deleting it I think it should be left since it could cause more confusion if subscriptions just started disappearing.

I'll definately add the option for when a user deletes a post to see if they wish to remove the thread subscription.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Dave#
              • Jul 2000

It's more confusing to have email notifications to threads that you have no posts in and haven't subscribed to imvho.

Anyways about the moderation in these forums . . .

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                • Dec 2000

was Steve who deleted it for flaming.

The problem is that some people might have intentionally selected Subscribe to this topic from the drop down rather than selecting it in reply and the automatic removal might not be appreciated.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Dave#
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  The problem is that some people might have intentionally selected Subscribe to this topic from the drop down rather than selecting it in reply and the automatic removal might not be appreciated.
                  I see.

was Steve who deleted it for flaming.
                  LOL - thanks for letting me know - can't believe that was viewed as flaming, different culture I guess

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                    • May 2000
                    • 1.1.x

It isn't the first time you've had posts deleted for the very same reasons. If you have issues with our moderation, please contact Steve directly.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Just a note, the last time I sent you a courtesy PM you chewed me out for daring to contact you and told me never to do it again. Normally I would send a notice explaining why a post was removed, but given your last response it was clear you didn't want this.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment