X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brewer
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

No support

Is there no support here? On the 14th I purchased a copy of vB and then registered in the forums. For some reason the email that vB sends out to verify you email address never made it to me. I checked to make sure that I had entered the correct address, and I had. It seems that my ISP is filtering it as spam. I was registered as a forum member, but because I had not been able to verify my email address I couldn't post anywhere on the forums. I submitted a support request through the members section, and a few minutes later received a reply stating that I would have to send this request to http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/sendmessage.php and that a group of volunteers would handle this. I have received a few emails from them in the last couple of days, but they were never able to fix the problem. I finally found a solution by changing the email address in my user cp to a temp email address on someone elses server that would not block the email.

Is it normal for support requests to take this long, and are all requests handled by site volunteers instead of Jelsoft staff?
  • Brewer
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Update

After an email to Kier everything was fixed. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The vBulletin.org and vBUlletintemplates.com sites are handled by volunteers. Jelsoft staff gives oversight on those forums but do not handle moderation and administration procedures on them. Jelsoft staff do handle issues on this support forum and in the Support System.

Your original support request was to have the verification email resent from vBulletin.org. It didn't mention this site or anything else. As such you were directed to them. If you have been clearer in the overall scope of the problem originally, you would have gotten faster support from the staff.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Brewer
        • Apr 2004
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        The vBulletin.org and vBUlletintemplates.com sites are handled by volunteers. Jelsoft staff gives oversight on those forums but do not handle moderation and administration procedures on them. Jelsoft staff do handle issues on this support forum and in the Support System.

Your original support request was to have the verification email resent from vBulletin.org. It didn't mention this site or anything else. As such you were directed to them. If you have been clearer in the overall scope of the problem originally, you would have gotten faster support from the staff.
        This is from my original support request:

For some reason when I registered here and at vb.org I never received
        the verification email with the link to activate my account.

I'm not sure how much clearer I could have been, and after four days the email was never resent.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

I am sorry, I took "here" as to meaning purchasing the software and registering it and I resent that information immediately after your first support ticket. The forums are a separate entity from the Support Ticket system.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Brewer
            • Apr 2004
            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

No problem, It's all set up and running now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...