Negative Feedback regarding your Support Phone Line.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackxRam
    • Jul 2003

Negative Feedback regarding your Support Phone Line.

I just called the Support Line for VB and the PERSON THERE HUNG UP ON ME. I was asking where this PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP IS LOCATED which i can not find, and i was asking about a FORUM IMPORT and they said they can not OFFER ME ANY SUPPORT because i am not a premium member. I paid my 160$ for Vbulletin can't find this number... ?

Now when I tried to call back, I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS... IM A LITTLE MAD.

Some one needs to explain.

The phone operators name was Steven or Stephan
    Last edited by BlackxRam; Wed 24 Mar '04, 8:05pm.
  • angushui
    • Apr 2003

Toll free support is not included with the vBulletin licence. You need to purchase Support Contracts tp receive telephone support.

Toll-Free Telephone Support - $60/$180/$300

If you would prefer the extra service of being able to talk to a vBulletin support technician via the telephone, please purchase one of our telephone support contracts. The short term contract (available for $60) will give you unlimited access to our toll-free technical support line for a full month... more than enough time for us to guide you through the product installation and setup.

We also offer longer term support contracts (length of 6 or 12 months) available for $180 and $300 respectively.

The toll-free telephone service is available from 9am - 5pm PST (GMT - 7), Monday to Friday.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Regardless, no one should have hung up on you.

Please note the call center people do not give out the Technical Support number unless you provide them with a customer number and they can verify you have paid for the telephone support option. Telephone support is far too costly to be free.

I will bring up the issue with them hanging up on you tomorrow. However it was wrong of you to continue calling them after they told you about the premium support option.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BlackxRam
        • Jul 2003

Well, i called back

I called back because i was in the middle of describing my problem and I would have bought 60$ right then and there. Because this import is kinda important to my website.

I was giving him the information of the gentlemen who took my support ticket and then *CLICK* I was just trying to verify where exactly I should look. I eventually got back in touch with the SAME guy and when i described what happened he laughed it off and just said "well what is the problem your having".. that made it even worse considering it was only 5 minutes that passed. I got the info finally but he said over the phone they couldnt really help me with a import because its too extensive to do it manually, and just stick to the support ticket i filed. Fine with me, it was just unexpected having that happen to a program i support with all my BEING!

I guess ill just have to wait for the import scripts to be released.

But, thanks Steve for hearing me out.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

if you need an import you should be able to request one thought the support system here on the website http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Comment

• BlackxRam
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
            if you need an import you should be able to request one thought the support system here on the website http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php
            I did, but the waiting is killing me, its a rather important import for a large client. But i guess I have too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...