X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Contramontanum
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

No support for RC4

I've just been informed by Zachary that I am not entitled to support on this board in this thread, and I'd like to know if it's official Jelsoft policy to cut of paying customers who don't upgrade?
    Chop Dewey
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    No need to be contentious. Since vB3 Gold you need to upgrade to this stable version to get support. We are not providing support for non-stable vB3 versions and it was always made clear in the download page the vB3 pre-Gold versions were not considered stable.

Also we do not provide official support for hacked forums and never have. If you upgrade to Gold and remove your hacks, we can povide support. Otherwise you might want to ask over at vbulletin.org for assistance.
    I've created a promotion to prevent non-posters from being able to use the arcade hack I have installed, requiring 5 posts to use the arcade. Registered Users have no access to arcade, after 5 posts they are moved to additional usergroup Registered Gamers with all necessary permissions. The problem is that everybody, including

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Yes and no. Since the answer was a simple one and was not relayed to any hacks, then we should have provide the answer and recommended you upgrade asap to take advantage of all bug fixes.

However now that vB3 final is released there is no more ongoing support for the previous non-stable versions of the software.

Sorry for the miscommunication.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...