X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exasko
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.0.0 Beta 7

one year license

i am trying to explain to my friend who is interested in vbulletin, and my friend is saying, if you buy the one year license and decide not to pay, what are they really going to do?

so i'd thought i'd ask.. how do you know if some ones license runs out, and how far would you go to take action?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You cant buy the licenses without paying,

If you issue a charge back the licenses is cancled, You dont get the license untill the process is cleard.

Comment

• exasko
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.0.0 Beta 7

but what i mean is you pay for a year.. how do you make them pay again? and if they don't would is the cause of action? she says since it is open source how can they make you repay.. it last a half hour convo, and i just wanted you tell me what to tell her.. as in how you guys would handle it..

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If you purchse a leased license (not an owned one) you can run it for one year, after that you must either renew or remove the board, if you dont leagal action can be taken agasint you, at least as far as im aware.

The languages its written in it self is open source, but vBulletin does not haev to release any of its code under the GPL.

Comment

• Lurk
          • Feb 2004
          • 3.7.x

hey, is there a way to upgrade the licence from leased to owned?
          right now i have a leased licence, i am planning on upgrading it to an owned licence next year when the licence ends..
          Let the flames begin.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Just choose the 'renew' option in the Members Area when you are ready.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Max_Radius
              • Jan 2002

Yeah,

I ran into this when my leased licence ran out but a friend bought me a licence before the expiry. The folks at vBulletin were very polite in their request for me to prove that I held an owned licence, and were equally helpful when my licence status needed to be updated here.

I will say this. The team at vBulletin does pay attention to piracy, and I support them in this 100%.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...