X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac Write
    • Oct 2001
    • 4.2.x

Allow licenced members to see if others are licenced

To help combat people trying to get help without being registered, allow licensed members to see if the person posting is licensed or not. This will help us paying members to know if the person is licensed or not.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Ive asked about this before i was a staff member, and its a privacy issue if i remember correctly.

If a user is asking for support outside of the support forums there is a good chance you shouldnt help.

Comment

• Dark Shogun
      • Aug 2002
      • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

My question though is how could it hurt to show if someone is licensed or not. I mean it's not like your showing their ip address or social security number or something.

Dark Shogun

Comment

• DWZ
        • Jan 2002

Yeah, they said privacy last time.

But I mean, as I said before - I don't see why there can't be simply a tick box where you enter the email addresses which says something like "Allow all other forum users to see your licensed status". Maybe ticked by default, it's as simple as unticking it if they don't like the idea and only staff can see them like it is currently setup.

Maybe also place the checkbox when you buy your first license on the ordering page...

Comment

• filburt1
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Mac Write
          To help combat people trying to get help without being registered, allow licensed members to see if the person posting is licensed or not. This will help us paying members to know if the person is licensed or not.
          Simply do not help people in Chit Chat or other fully open forums, referring them to the proper forums.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• the Sandman
            • Jul 2003
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by filburt1
            Simply do not help people in Chit Chat or other fully open forums, referring them to the proper forums.
            This is a good answer... in theory. The thing is, many members (most? all?) use the "New Posts" Link to view the Board and don't always pay close attention to which Forum a particular Thread is in.
            The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
            Articles - Forum Review
            Interviews:
            KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
            Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...