X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max_Radius
    • Jan 2002

PHP errors in Priority E-mail change

Hey Guys.

I was contracted by a well known vBulletin user to perform the updates from v2.3 to 3.0. I've logged into their customer area, and sent along a reported installation error for their forums to vBulletin. However, when noting that the support correspondence would not arrive at my e-mail account, I private messaged a vBulletin admin, and then went to change one of the priority support contact addresses.

After changing one of the addresses, a message a lot like this one came up:

Warning: fopen(<A href="http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/forum/licensed.php?password=**********=a:1:{i:0;s:32:"1ab07f042a8a085ab1ccbf8cd3e4e249">http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/forum/licensed.php?password=**********=a:1:{i:0;s:32:"1ab07f042a8a085ab1ccbf8cd3e4e249";}): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/members/membersupport_priority.php on line 126
    And, this error message goes through mutliple lines, and would probably continue until SQL fried.

P.S.
    Is there a phone number I can use to contact vBulletin for support? With the errors in the installation process, the news script for the home page is also down.
    Last edited by Max_Radius; Sat 20 Mar '04, 3:58pm.
  • Shining Arcanine
    • Feb 2003

Only if you payed for priority phone support.

Comment

• Max_Radius
      • Jan 2002

I don't know whether the company that hired me paid for phone support.

Having said that, there is still an issue where I am performing the upgrade, I have reported the error, and apparently, unless someone at vBulletin actually reads the support mail thoroughly, correspondence will now travel to another contact at the company who is not available, and I have no way to let vBulletin know.

In the meantime, close to 25k members are without a forum, and the main page of the website is down because I cannot modify the SQL querries to match the changes. I am authorized by my contracted employer to approve phone support if neeeded.

And, again, there is a problem with the vBulletin website, so I thought I should point it out.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Use the support ticket system. Someone must be busy in there:
        Code:
        Average response time
        (last 30 support issues)
        0 hr : 06 min

Comment

• David Copeland
          • May 2000

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
          Only if you payed for priority phone support.
          And where would that option be in the member's area? All I see is priority email support, not an option to purchase phone support.

DAVID COPELAND
          Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
          Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

• Max_Radius
            • Jan 2002

I agree, squall14716

Then there is the problem that I am a third party under contract and the only one contacting vBulletin about a support issue, and unless they note my e-mail address in the actual trouble ticket, I won't recieve any solutions they might have.

Because I cannot change the priority contact addresses (because of the error) I cannot even recieve support in the event that they do decide to use the trouble ticket system.

I am logged into the members area under their customer number, not mine.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by David Copeland
              And where would that option be in the member's area? All I see is priority email support, not an option to purchase phone support.
              It is under "New Licenses / Additional Services" in the left had column of your Member's area. It can also be found under "Renew / Upgrade License".
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• David Copeland
                • May 2000

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                It is under "New Licenses / Additional Services" in the left had column of your Member's area. It can also be found under "Renew / Upgrade License".
                I see thge left tab titled "Priority Support", but when I click on it I get the following:

"We allow you to enter up to 3 email addresses per license here, which are designated to receive priority support on our community forums. These should be people entrusted to work on your vBulletin license. If you request support and you have not registered that email address here, then we may ask you to identify yourself. Additionally, adding your email address here will allow you to access certain customer-only features on the forum."

And below that is only the three emails we have for our contact. Nothing about a "telephone" priority support.
                Last edited by David Copeland; Sat 20 Mar '04, 4:39pm.

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Max_Radius
                  I don't know whether the company that hired me paid for phone support.

Having said that, there is still an issue where I am performing the upgrade, I have reported the error, and apparently, unless someone at vBulletin actually reads the support mail thoroughly, correspondence will now travel to another contact at the company who is not available, and I have no way to let vBulletin know.

In the meantime, close to 25k members are without a forum, and the main page of the website is down because I cannot modify the SQL querries to match the changes. I am authorized by my contracted employer to approve phone support if neeeded.

And, again, there is a problem with the vBulletin website, so I thought I should point it out.
                  I don't really see any open tickets about this particular issue. Please send me a private message with the ticket number so I can look into it further.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Max_Radius
                    • Jan 2002

I believe WLuke means this link:

New Licenses / Additional Services

which is located right under where it reads, Latest Version: 3.0.0

Comment

• David Copeland
                      • May 2000

I agree, squall14716

Then there is the problem that I am a third party under contract and the only one contacting vBulletin about a support issue, and unless they note my e-mail address in the actual trouble ticket, I won't recieve any solutions they might have.

Because I cannot change the priority contact addresses (because of the error) I cannot even recieve support in the event that they do decide to use the trouble ticket system.

I am logged into the members area under their customer number, not mine.
                      I messaged you on an item

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• Max_Radius
                        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by David Copeland
                        I messaged you on an item
                        Heya there, Mr. Copeland

So, we've established that the table insert for vBulletin.com worked correctly when changing the priority support contacts, but that the results page has an error somewhere. hmmm...

Anyway, I'm glad you're here, Mr. Copeland. In the event that you establish phone support for IPIU with vBulletin, feel free to patch me in on the phone line.

Comment

• David Copeland
                          • May 2000

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          I don't really see any open tickets about this particular issue. Please send me a private message with the ticket number so I can look into it further.
                          The ticket number is SID-131793-567cd584

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• David Copeland
                            • May 2000

In the event that you establish phone support for IPIU with vBulletin, feel free to patch me in on the phone line.
                            Does not look good:

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Sounds like a bug in the system from the site update. It's been reported.

Also please note that telephone support is not 24/7. We don't have the kind of staffing to do that. It's available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
                            We reported a Priority Email Support over an hour ago. Ticket SID-131793-567cd584 with no help. In the meantime, our entire web site is down. What do you suggest?

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• Martin
                              • Apr 2000
                              • 3.5.x

David,
                              I'm back answering the ticket. My original reply to you was approximately 2 hours ago now, within minutes of when you submitted the ticket. I waited 30 minutes for your reply, and when none came, I decided to take a nap since I had been at the support system for 8 straight hours after a 12 hour marathon yesterday and 4 hours sleep.

We're doing our best to keep up with everything after a major release. I guess I could take it as a compliment that our service is so well reknowned that 2 hours to reply on a Saturday seems an inordinate amount of time

If you will either copy the database error message that should have been dispatched from the error to that support ticket, or link me to the upgrade, I will see what I can do.

Please keep this in the support ticket so it's easier to track.
                              Webmaster:
                              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...