X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Areku
    • Sep 2002

Toolbar offer for Kier

Kier,

I sent you private message about a toolbar offer (google like toolbar) which I fear you haven't recieved...

An excerpt of that message:

"One of the most common problems with forums like vb is that people tend to submit questions already answered in the forums, mainly because it's tedious to

1) open the browser
    2) load the domain
    3) enter to the forums
    4) surf to the search page
    5) search terms

We've developed a toolbar, like the Google bar, but for Vbulletin sites.

It's coded in C++ and .NET platforms, so we need to create a new project for every bar (not just replace links) but I find it quite useful since you're only ONE click away of searching on your forums, by having a toolbar either in the Internet Explorer navigator OR in t he user's desktop taskbar...

Ie. the 5 steps above are reduced to 1: put the search terms in the search box and get the results instantly "

Let me know if you can still attend the private message or if you need further details (including a demo) sent somewhere else...

ThankS!
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

Hmm interesting, Kier must get a lot of PM's so you should wait a few months before expecting a reply. Can we see a screenshot?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

best to email kier since he gets alot of pms as do I and i rarely have the time to reply to them all.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Also keep in mind Kier is a bit preoccupied right now with higher priorities and will be for some time. You will need to be patient.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

I never install a toolbar because of the simple reason: They don't give me the source code of all the files and the first thing it does is promise it doesn't store any data and/or sends it back to a central server. After in most cases, has been proven to be done anyway.

Secondly, each page on vBulletin version 3 has a search feature. One or two clicks really doesn't matter for me.

Comment

• welo
            • Sep 2003
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I really like the idea. I just don't trust toolbars anymore. Betting there's a lot of people in exactly the same boat.
            "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
            It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• Areku
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Floris
              I never install a toolbar because of the simple reason: They don't give me the source code of all the files and the first thing it does is promise it doesn't store any data and/or sends it back to a central server. After in most cases, has been proven to be done anyway.

Secondly, each page on vBulletin version 3 has a search feature. One or two clicks really doesn't matter for me.
              It's actually a really "simple" toolbar, no hidden tricks (we could sign any document if you want to), as it's really easy to determine if a bar sends any info or not to anywhere...

It's just an aid.

May be VB3 will handle searches easier, fewer clicks away. The toolbar also offers shortcuts to anywhere/any link you want...

Try ours out if you want to.

I'll pm any of you with the details of the "demo" if you want to.

Comment

• AWS
                • Apr 2000
                • 5.2.x

At the top of every page there is a link to search. You don't even have to leave the page you are on. Click the search link, a drop down shows and you type in your search.
                Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...