Only members can read posts, what happens to the search engines?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrudyD
    • May 2008

Only members can read posts, what happens to the search engines?

I've had some problems on my website with guests who have been reading all of the posts and then go elsewhere and causing problems for the site. Also I've had a run of registrations from those phony IP addresses, China, India, Japan, Russian, etc....

I've decided to make the posts viewable only to the registered members and only accepting registrations from people with valid IP addresses.

My question is....the search engines, being guests, are being blocked from the posts. Is there any way to fix this so the search engines can continue to index the site?
  • birdie
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TrudyD
    My question is....the search engines, being guests, are being blocked from the posts. Is there any way to fix this so the search engines can continue to index the site?
    no.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Google and other major search engines consider that to be content cloaking and will get you banned. You can either allow guests to see the forums, or not and not get search engines.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...