Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1QuickSI
    • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Alteran Ancient
    I paid for it back in vB3.8, and I'm waiting for it to be supported in vB4. What's more is that it's now going free; I paid for it, so I'm feeling pretty bummed-off. This open-sourcing movement had better bring some improvements in the long run...
    Ditto but I own 2 licenses.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
    PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• mrajp15601
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.6.x

If we aren't going to even see a 4.0 version of project tools, on vbulletin.org or otherwise, I feel that vBulletin should, at the least, give the price of project tools as credit towards a new vBulletin product. I'm even more disappointed at the staff who have not commented on these type of posts in any regard. If they are too busy to work on updating it for 4.0 right now, then say so. I thought the point was to release it out to vbulletin.org so that a bunch of non-Jelsoft developers could get it updated to work with version 4.0.

To those who work for vB:
      This whole situation has left a very bad taste in my mouth. This could have been handled better. And you would have easily been able to keep the loyalty of your customers that supported your company by purchasing the Project Tools product.

Comment

• Mondy
        • Apr 2008
        • 3.6.x

Well - no one seems to know from where a workable version of PT can be downloaded/obtained/acquired -- except 'someone' [received PM at another board] who apparently found a non-vb site that offers 'a' version.

Checked it out and, long an behold, there seems to be a download link to something called vBulletin Project Tools, version 2-x-x.

Didn't go any further than that - didn't touch the download button. But I am now intrigued as to why the mod can be sourced elsewhere and not from vb.org, for example.

I am still impatiently 'patiently' waiting until the vb-team launches a stable and vb-4 compatible version of Project Tools.

And, as said previously, it wouldn't hurt anyone for vb-team to send us an update on status, eta etc.

Similarly, if it's decided to pull the pin on the mod altogether, I'd like to know so I can start looking for other solutions.

Glad I didn't purchase it though - came close, very close in doing so though.
        http://gblcg.com - The Business of Your Future - Strategy Redefined.

Comment

• HOPEnSPIRIT
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by mrajp15601
          If we aren't going to even see a 4.0 version of project tools, on vbulletin.org or otherwise, I feel that vBulletin should, at the least, give the price of project tools as credit towards a new vBulletin product. I'm even more disappointed at the staff who have not commented on these type of posts in any regard. If they are too busy to work on updating it for 4.0 right now, then say so. I thought the point was to release it out to vbulletin.org so that a bunch of non-Jelsoft developers could get it updated to work with version 4.0.

To those who work for vB:
          This whole situation has left a very bad taste in my mouth. This could have been handled better. And you would have easily been able to keep the loyalty of your customers that supported your company by purchasing the Project Tools product.
          here here...

Comment

• Helmut71
            • Nov 2007

any news about the Project tools for vb4??
            www.weinviertel.net - Weinviertel Community
            www.vbpoint.org - vBchat & more!

Comment

• mlx
              • Jan 2001
              • 3.8.x

At least have the balls and announce it's canned and won't be open-sourced whatsoever. Other than that I don't see what's holding you back ...
              Last edited by mlx; Fri 9 Apr '10, 12:05pm.
              Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• Michael Biddle
                • May 2004
                • 3.8.x

It has been said that they would try and get it out after the release of 4.0.3.

Comment

• Talaturen
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Michael Biddle
                  It has been said that they would try and get it out after the release of 4.0.3.
                  Source?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Adrian has it on his to-do list - the plan is still to release it as discussed previously.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• wisemasterchief
                      • Nov 2009

I inquired at to status of Project Tools over at vbulletin.org and Lynn replied, saying that that was inappropriate site to seek information about Project Tools. That vb.com ( not vbulletin site BTW ) was the place and I could search threads for any info. give me a break. this is commercial product and customer support, RIGHT? I like all the rest of you are looking for some progress in this area, and EVERYONE associated with vb is totally blowing this off.

they are probably waiting to lubricate the squeaky wheels when they get enough of them. PRIORITIES

peace

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

I still do not know why the version for vBulletin 3.8 isn't going to get released as open source, as you guys claim the source code is basically the same for version 4 and if version 4 goes open source (probably NEVER!) that users can just backport it to version 3.8 and release it as new open source branch on any public web site or even vBulletin.org.

But yeah, I have very little faith in this promise of it ever getting released open source to version 4. Huge shame.

Comment

• Bluejacket
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 3.6.x

It most definitely is a huge shame Floris, you're right! I've been waiting for this as well.

Are there any alternatives that anyone can recommend? My staff needs something like this and while we use a CRM for client work, we also need an internal system. I'd very much like that to integrate with vB if at all possible.

Comment

• Sau
                            • Feb 2007

any news? because it's has been 3 weeks since 4.0.3 and still nothing.

Comment

• HOPEnSPIRIT
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by trevor hannant
                              1 - if you're going to upgrade your live site - backup your database first!!

2 - if you need to restore an old database - create a new one and restore to there.
                              3 - if you plan on using Project Tools - please wait...
                              please wait...
                              please wait...
                              give us our money back...
                              please wait...
                              please wait...

Updated

OMG!

We have released a patch (and updated the downloadable version) for 4.0.3
                              This fixes a bug with the adsense integration.

advertising was more important than its paying Project Tools Customers.
                              Last edited by HOPEnSPIRIT; Tue 27 Apr '10, 9:18am. Reason: updated

Comment

• Ace
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sau
                                any news? because it's has been 3 weeks since 4.0.3 and still nothing.
                                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...