Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOPEnSPIRIT
    • Dec 2009

Save Project Tools Thread

Why did vBulletin decide to discontinue supporting Project Tools?

We want to use our resources on highest priority and most requested features. Because Project Tools was not very popular product, we plan to release Project Tools as an open source project on vBulletin.org.
    Reason for this thread: I noticed that there are a few posts mentioning people needing Project Tools.

Please do not Open Source: Fair enough been released as open source we might get some tallented programmer working on it and make it into the best community addon ever, or maybe not.

Please keep it as vBulletin and add it to the Publishing Suite:
    • Official Product from a Development Team we know and trust, so we can use it in a Production Environment or what ever use other VALUED Customers have for it.
    • The vBulletin Team are developing it to a 4.0 version anyway and the proof is right here on this site as vBulletin use it for Supporting its Customers.

[Reply Advice] can Customers write their use for Project Tools and anything that might convince vBulletin to keep control over it, please help save Project Tools.
  • HOPEnSPIRIT
    • Dec 2009

I run a Games Development Team and Project Tools makes the process flow smoothly, from early design to tracking bugs after release.

Project Tools is an essential part of our website, I wouldn't have bought the Publishing Suite if I knew it was not going to include it.

Comment

• Sun
      • Dec 2007

I think more people need PT same me.
      VB can development PT to a Project management. I't sound good.
      CMS + Blog + Forum now is Project Management. A perfect package and i love it.
      Please keep PT and development it.
      Thanks!!

Comment

• Deadly Stream
        • Mar 2008

I don't think anyone will be able to change their mind about this.

Just except the fact that vBulletin won't be developing it anymore and that someone at vb.org might take it on.
        Epic sunburn!

Comment

• Fynnon
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

I need Project Tools mod, even if it will not be developed anymore by vB mybe others will

Comment

• ChopSuey
            • Apr 2009

HopeNSpirit lol, keep your hopes really high and keep the spirit flowing!!!!

No way you can tell these guys to do anything, all they'll do is create more bugs to make you report the bug that they already know of, (fix it) and make you happy.

So on and on with the next releases. PJ would be a good thing to be Open Source.

Comment

• Cadellin
              • Oct 2009
              • 4.1.x

I can see advantages and disadvantages either way - however if they are going to make it opensource please can they do it as soon as possible. I don't know about others but I'm having to hold back on upgrading purely because there's no Project Tools for vB4.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                • Apr 2009

If vb.com releases theirs it would be great.
                Last edited by ChopSuey; Mon 21 Jun '10, 6:34am.

Comment

• HOPEnSPIRIT
                  • Dec 2009

The last information I got from the Dev Team, is they are just deciding how to release it.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                    • May 2002
                    • 1.1.x

I'd assume they simply have their hands full with what is already released of vB4 and simply don't have the time to deal with the Project Tools.

Comment

• Fusion
                      • Aug 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by HOPEnSPIRIT
                      The last information I got from the Dev Team, is they are just deciding how to release it.
                      Hum? I thought the how was already decided when it was announced that it would be released over at vb.org. All we need now is when and I hope that is soon since I really need this. The Suite is useless for me without a functional PT.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• mlx
                        • Jan 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by HOPEnSPIRIT
                        Official Product from a Development Team we know and trust
                        Well, talking about trust here ... it's March now ... and unless I'm missing something there's still no release on vb.org nor any updates about its status ... so judge yourself if there's any hope or trust left ...
                        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• Loco.M
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.5.x

if anyone released it, it would be great
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• ChopSuey
                            • Apr 2009

It's been released, i guess this thread doesn't help at all......but there is support on vB.org though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...