Can we use PT openly now

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thincom2000
    replied
    Wayne Luke's response only pertains to the vBulletin 4 Project Tools. What about users who still want to use vBulletin 3, at least until vBulletin 4 is more stable? I could not find a way to purchase Project Tools for vB3, and there's no news about the open-source nature of that.

Leave a comment:

• Jafo
    replied
    I wish I knew the answer to the original question...sigh....

Leave a comment:

• bonemass
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M
    glad none of my clients use PT, they wouldn't be to happy that they can't upgrade their sites to 4.0 yet because the product they paid for isn't supported anymore
    VB 4 is an infant unfortunately and infants, as we know, slip and fall. IMO PL1 is not gold, I'd still consider it a beta. The CMS doesn't even allow me to display the articles I want on each of the sections. That is a BASIC of any CMS.

Until they fix the problems I'll stick with 3.8.4. I use PT's extensively and will wait. Your comment "isn't supported anymore" should ben "isn't supported as of yet.". As Luke said expect a fix "in the upcoming weeks". Guess that's better than months.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    glad none of my clients use PT, they wouldn't be to happy that they can't upgrade their sites to 4.0 yet because the product they paid for isn't supported anymore

Leave a comment:

• bonemass
    replied
    Originally posted by deuterium
    Well effectively, PT has been canned, doesn't exist any more.

PT DOES exist. Don't know where you got your information. I just got a reply from Wayne Luke:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support. We will be releasing a version of Project Tools compatible with vBulletin 4.0.0 in the upcoming weeks. It will be released at www.vbulletin.org.

All the best,
    Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Sales and Support

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Well effectively, PT has been canned, doesn't exist any more.

Leave a comment:

• Jafo
    replied
    Ok, can "they" say either way?

Leave a comment:

• Deadly Stream
    replied
    Not completely sure but I'd say probably not just yet.

They've said that they'll be releasing it as open source but they haven't actually done so yet.

Leave a comment:

• Jafo
    started a topic Can we use PT openly now

Can we use PT openly now

A client of mine has a license for PT which he uses on 1 site. He has multiple forums. Since VB has stated that PT will be open source, is it ok for him to use it on multiple forums now?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...