• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kensino
    even though they continue to mark the product as "Supported" to mislead people into downloading it.
    What utter nonsense, no one misleads you into downloading anything.

Its your choice whether to download a FREE addon, knowing that it may not be supported (you can easily read the thread and check when the author was last online to see how supported it really is).
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Removed-836727
      Banned by User Request
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Paul M

Its your choice whether to download a FREE addon, knowing that it may not be supported (you can easily read the thread and check when the author was last online to see how supported it really is).
      Instead of checking when he was last online, i would check if he is replying in the thread^^

Comment

• Removed-836727
        Banned by User Request
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by maplr4ever
        Who thinks we should make a Facebook group on this
        wtf
        for what?

Comment

• Kensino
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul M

Or, the vBulletin.org staff could actually do their job and not allow developers to mark their products as supported and they actually arent. Its been a problem for years with vBulletin.org. People looking at something that says "suppoted" download it, and then find out afterword their screwed because the developer doesn't care.

Support = Supported
          Not Supported = No Support

They need to learn what those words mean before just randomly marking everything they upload as supported in order to get more "Installed" clicks.

I bet I can go through well over half of the items listed on vbulletin.org that are marked as supported and probably less then 1% are actually supported. Someone release a new product for free, marks it as supported, gets all exicted, supports it for 2 months then get's tired of it, and just ignores the members.

Sure, no one forces you to download that stuff, its nice to have free stuff. But that's not the point. The point is the staff there has 0% control over what the developers do. You can complain and complain yet you see dozens, and dozens of products where people have been screaming for help on a product marked as suported for 6 months, 12 months, yet no reply. Yet someone its still supported.

I guess that word "Supported" doesn't translate well to other languages/countries. I don't know.

Utter nonsence, is marking something supported then ignoring people when they beg for a year for support. More like utter rudeness. It IS misleading. In a court (at least in the United States) that would not go over. If someone gave you something free or otherwise and said it was supported then didn't support it, they can be forced by the court to support it. If its not supported they need to mark it as not supported.

I buy a computer because of support, I'm told its supported. Then I find out that the tech support never answers the phone when I call, YES that IS misleading.

Same issue that vBulletin.org has. The staff can't control the developers. Or just doesn't care enough to do it. I've seen dozens of complaints about this issue on the feedback boards at vBulletin.org. The staff said at one time they were aware of the issue and going to find a solution to it. That was over a year ago. I wonder what they came up with?
          Last edited by Kensino; Tue 22 Dec '09, 7:23am.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Please either stick to the original subject or move your complaints to a more appropriate forum.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• WhatChaMissin
              • Apr 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              It is being Open Sourced, not abandoned. You'll be able to continue getting updates at vBulletin.org and there will probably be a lot of features added to it over time.
              Now that vB has gone Gold is there any ETA on when this is going to happen? I'm looking forward to seeing all the added features.

Comment

• Kensino
                • Sep 2007
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin
                Now that vB has gone Gold is there any ETA on when this is going to happen? I'm looking forward to seeing all the added features.
                Its will probably be months, IF they even do anything with it.

I won't be installing it anymore because its now at vb.org because soon it will no longer supported by them either. I'll just lose my money on this purchase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...