X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Ending Project Tools??

Its nice to know I just purchased Project Tools not too long ago, got it hooked up and started using it, now its being abandon... nice. Thanks. I should get a refund on it.

I hope at least the style will be upgraded to match vb4 so that I can continue to use it on my website.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You purchased Project Tools on Sep 14th '07 at 10:07pm. That is two years ago.

It is being Open Sourced, not abandoned. You'll be able to continue getting updates at vBulletin.org and there will probably be a lot of features added to it over time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

Are you at least updating it to have the same style as vB4? So that I can continue using it when Gold is released? It will probably be some time before vBulletin.org gets it working.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Kensino
        Are you at least updating it to have the same style as vB4? So that I can continue using it when Gold is released? It will probably be some time before vBulletin.org gets it working.
        I would agree that it would be nice to have the style updated to match vB4, even if it's just a "near replica" using the existing table-based layouts.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Kensino
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You purchased Project Tools on Sep 14th '07 at 10:07pm. That is two years ago.
          Thats not true! I didn't even think Project Tools was created for purchase back in 2007? I got my first vB license in 2006 and my second license in 2007, and I have an email from you saying "Thanks for your purchase of Project Tools" and its an order receipt dated the end of March 2009. That was earlier this year. I also renewed my license to vB a few days prior to that on the 18th of March 2009 and I purchsed the Blog tool, and I also just spent another $130.00 on vB4 when I just paid to renew my vB license only a few months ago... I'm spending way to much money with this lately. More then I spend on any other software.

Now I find out a few months later that Project Tools isn't being support anymore and Blog is being included in the vB4, so I can't get around why I paid for the stuff seperate.

My Project Tools purchase date must be confused with my vB purchase date because it was tied to that license or something. I also have a new customer number since then because my old account wasn't working anymore.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

! I didn't even think Project Tools was created for purchase back in 2007?
            It was. I bought it in August 2007 or thereabouts, pretty much when it first came out.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Kensino
              • Sep 2007
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
              It was. I bought it in August 2007 or thereabouts, pretty much when it first came out.
              Yea, but I bought my vB back in 2007 and I ran vB for a long time without any blog or project tools on my website. My email reciept doesn't match up with that date, so I don't know what happened.

Comment

• Kensino
                • Sep 2007
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                I would agree that it would be nice to have the style updated to match vB4, even if it's just a "near replica" using the existing table-based layouts.
                Well, if they don't update the style I won't even be able to use vB4 because I can't have the old crappy design on my website with the new style on all the other pages. I have too much stuff into Project Tools to take it offline now. If I installed vB4 I would have to take Project Tools down just so the website would look right.

I use it for my support ticket system and I can't just delete it now.

Comment

• Ranger375
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4.0.x

I can't even use mine with v4 because I get a bunch of errors at the top of the screen

Comment

• Kensino
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ranger375
                    I can't even use mine with v4 because I get a bunch of errors at the top of the screen
                    :-(

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Try disabling ALL your products AND plugins except the blog and cms.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ranger375
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 4.0.x

Lynne, VB4 works fine. I'm just saying I can't run PT without getting errors (it's currently disabled)

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

Lynne, VB4 works fine. I'm just saying I can't run PT without getting errors (it's currently disabled)
                          Can I use the excuse that I posted before I had had enough coffee intake?

Yes, of course you are getting errors using the vb3 Project Tools. Nothing is updated to use the new vb4 syntax in it yet. They will release a vb4 version on vb.org when they are ready to.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Fusion
                            • Aug 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                            They will release a vb4 version on vb.org when they are ready to.
                            I have to wonder why they cannot release the one that is in use on this site in the interim. It seems to work quite well.
                            It looks like it's similar to the product we bought (unless there's alot of other changes behind the scenes).
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• farhad.khan
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 3.8.x

Now I find out a few months later that Project Tools isn't being support anymore and Blog is being included in the vB4, so I can't get around why I paid for the stuff seperate.

My Project Tools purchase date must be confused with my vB purchase date because it was tied to that license or something. I also have a new customer number since then because my old account wasn't working anymore.
                              You're not the only one Kensino, many others including us have been burnt badly paying for project tools only to hear a few months later that it is being discontinued. We are in the same boat as you .... no point of having VB4 if it doesn't integrate and flow well with VB4 style. We were all very upset when we first heard about it .. specially because there is no proper way to migrate the issues to another system. And the VB customer support will only say "sorry PT is being discontinued" as a reply to your questions.
                              Farhad Khan, Grype Solutions
                              "Sometimes we meet destiny on the roads we take to avoid it." - Author Unknown

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...