Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Yea they said it will be sent to vBulletin.org, but who knows how long that will take before vBulletin.org gets a working version to vB4, and if Project Tools is treated like any other project over there it will be abandon soon and not supported at all.

So many time I have downloaded stuff from vBulletin.org only to find out that 3 months later the author of the product does not care to reply or support it anymore even though they continue to mark the product as "Supported" to mislead people into downloading it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Kensino
      and if Project Tools is treated like any other project over there it will be abandon soon and not supported at all.

So many time I have downloaded stuff from vBulletin.org only to find out that 3 months later the author of the product does not care to reply or support it anymore even though they continue to mark the product as "Supported" to mislead people into downloading it.
      Grossly unfair to tar all developers with the same brush...
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• hollosch
        • Oct 2005

Is there anybody working on this OS-Project-Tools project for vB4 on vb.org ?

Comment

• tomsch
          • Apr 2003

add me to te list of those that got burned by this. i guess i'll have to find a new system for managing my projects.

Comment

• Kensino
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hollosch
            Is there anybody working on this OS-Project-Tools project for vB4 on vb.org ?

No

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Not at the moment
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

I think to be honest it is a dead project. I can't see how the devs will have time to convert it fully and release it. I think for the approximately 12 people (including me) who bought it, it's going to be a case of ditching it so we can move ahead with the vb4 upgrade.

I use it as a support and bug tracking system, it's no great shakes, I'll just revert to having dedicated support forum like I used to have.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  I think to be honest it is a dead project. I can't see how the devs will have time to convert it fully and release it. I think for the approximately 12 people (including me) who bought it, it's going to be a case of ditching it so we can move ahead with the vb4 upgrade.
                  I may be wrong, but I got the impression they were just going to take the version they are currently using here, which was just modified to work with vb4, and upload it to vb.org as an unsupported mod. It is converted enough to work with vb4, so I don't think they will do anything else with it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• farhad.khan
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3.8.x

Despite the fact that we lost money ... I'm glad they discontinued Project Tools .... we've migrated to Atlassian's JIRA. It worth a look.
                    Farhad Khan, Grype Solutions
                    "Sometimes we meet destiny on the roads we take to avoid it." - Author Unknown

Comment

• Removed-836727
                      Banned by User Request
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Lynne
                      I may be wrong, but I got the impression they were just going to take the version they are currently using here, which was just modified to work with vb4, and upload it to vb.org as an unsupported mod. It is converted enough to work with vb4, so I don't think they will do anything else with it.
                      But who would be the "projectleader" and garantee the development and new features?

If it would be a unsupported product, nobody could work on the further development

Comment

• RadioErewan
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                        I am also PT owner. So, we are waiting for missing 10 now. Then we form vB dirty dozen...

Regards

Comment

• Zachariah B
                          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by ragtek
                          But who would be the "projectleader" and garantee the development and new features?
                          Ideas / Thoughts:

- well you could have many people working on the core files update them as add-ons, updates, fixes, and hacks made for the project.

- It is not hard to track file by file on a project software that creates builds of the script on the fly for download.

- "building and expanding" the project would be the job of all that use it, love it and live it. (anyone that downloads and installs it that wants to make a hack for it. ) If the hack is popular they can be integrated to the core files if creator of the hack OK's it, so on and so forth.

- I am sure if we needed a forum or two the VBorg staff would swing in some for the cause and move the project on.

============================================

I offer help on the project when it starts. I love the product. I get busy with Kiwanis projects and many other things. Shoot me an e-mail.
                          http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
                          Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
                          Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth

Comment

• Kensino
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachariah B
                            Ideas / Thoughts:

- well you could have many people working on the core files update them as add-ons, updates, fixes, and hacks made for the project.

- It is not hard to track file by file on a project software that creates builds of the script on the fly for download.

- "building and expanding" the project would be the job of all that use it, love it and live it. (anyone that downloads and installs it that wants to make a hack for it. ) If the hack is popular they can be integrated to the core files if creator of the hack OK's it, so on and so forth.

- I am sure if we needed a forum or two the VBorg staff would swing in some for the cause and move the project on.

============================================

I offer help on the project when it starts. I love the product. I get busy with Kiwanis projects and many other things. Shoot me an e-mail.
                            vBulletin.org has enough trouble keeping its developers supporting stuff that they make now. It might work for a while, maybe 6 months but pretty soon the vBulletin.org developers will grow bored of it. Also, unless there is a set manager or group, nothing would ever get done. Too many people with too many ideas = nothing done.

Comment

• maplr4ever
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 3.8.x

I have Project Tools too!
                              I used it to manage the bugs in MapleMystery, which is my site/online game emulator thing.

Dang shouldn't have bought it, now that people will just get it for free anyways.

EDIT:
                              Who thinks we should make a Facebook group on this

Comment

• Fusion
                                • Aug 2001
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                                That would be an excellent start, and now that Gold is out I hope they get around to it "soon".
                                Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...