X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheesegrits
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

Relating Issues to threads

Am I missing something obvious? Is it not possible to link Project Tools issues to threads?

I run several support forums for vB/Joomla products. What I'd like to do is use the forums to weed out actual bugs, and start a Project Tools issue when a staff member has confirmed that any given issue being reported is actually a bug. Or, if the thread is about an issue we already have in PT, be able to relate that thread to the existing issue.

Then when viewing Issues, be able to show related threads. And on threads, show related Issues. And of course options to post auto-updates to related threads when an Issue status is changed.

I had kind of assumed Project Tools would have at least something broadly similar to the above. It is after all a Project Tools bolt-on for a forums app, so I kinda thought it would have at least thread level integration with the forums. So I was a little surprised when I installed it to find that there doesn't seem to be any integration with forums/threads at all, beyond being able to display a PT project on a forum display.

I guess I'm up for hacking this in myself, unless there's anything in the pipeline, or something obvious I'm missing ...

-- hugh
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...