Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Hunt
    • Apr 2000

Multiple project / user management

I bought / installed Project Tools yesterday and set it up to keep up with the site's bug reports and to-do lists.

That being said, I guess I was a little confused as to the nature of the program before I bought it. It was purchased with the understanding and intent that I could offer my users (including some developers) the ability to create their own projects and workspaces, to include adding and managing their own users within the project.

Is this not the case? If that functionality is available, how do I allow users to set up their own projects, then grant ownership of said projects to them?

Thanks,

Wayne Hunt
    Amiga.org
    Wayne Hunt
    Site manager
    amiga.org
  • King Kovifor
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.7.x

This functionality is not possible within the current project tools. There is a work-a-round that I can explain. Though, it is not fool proof and I would not specifically suggest this without testing on your end! Basically, the only way to do this is to open up your ACP to "Project Administrators" and give them appropriate permissions... Though, this does not mean that they will get their specific additions.

Add a new group in the ACP with ACP access. Add users to this group (secondary) and provide them access to Project Tools setup through Administrator Permissions. Now, this will NOT limit the entire ACP if you have products that don't use the Administrator Permissions system!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...