Project Tools - A potential replacement for dotProject and Mantis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farhad.khan
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

Project Tools - A potential replacement for dotProject and Mantis?

I have been playing with the live demo of project tools last few days trying to understand if it can be a replacement of dotProject (Project Management Tool) and Mantis (Bug Tracker) that we currently use in our company. The goal is to reduce maintenance overhead.

I have a few questions ... I'll start with the most obvious one:

1. In the main issues listing page where it displays a list of all issues, if I am the assignee of a task/issue/feature I see a little gear-wheel icon showing up. What happens if the assignee is a different user? Do we see his name? I could not see it in the demo because there is no permission to add new users in there.
    Last edited by farhad.khan; Sat 16 May '09, 5:29am. Reason: edited title
    Farhad Khan, Grype Solutions
    "Sometimes we meet destiny on the roads we take to avoid it." - Author Unknown
  • farhad.khan
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

No one has an aswer? Thats strange!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The only time a little gear icon should show up is when the system is communicating with the system. After its done communicating it will show the name of the user that is assigned to the issue.

If the icon doesn't disappear for you than there are communication problems on your installation. You should make sure that the browser can send and receive all communications on Port 80 (or whatever port your webserver is on).
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• farhad.khan
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.8.x

Thanks! I'll trust your word on that cuz I cannot see the assignee's name in the issue listing page in the live demo.

Comment

• farhad.khan
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.8.x

We purchased vb project tools today and installed it in our forum. All went well ... but to our surprise the assigned user's name does not appear in the issue listing page.

Any comments Wayne?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...