X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grestorn
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

Problem with PT on main forum list

I just recently linked a project on my main forum list and for some reason the layout seems to be corrupted. See the attachment for the screenshot.

I'm using vB 3.8.2 and PT 2.0.0 with the default, unchanged style.

I guess I need to fix a template somewhere but since I don't want to mess with that stuff, I have no idea where to start.

Thanks for your assistance!
    Attached Files
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If there anything unusual with the thread title?

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Grestorn
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for your reply!

It happens with all topics, not just the one you see on the screen shot. So it's nothing in the thread title.

I just did what you suggested, I created a plain new unchanged style. Problem is still there. The browser cache doesn't make any difference either.

But what's interesting is, that it seems to be IE8 related. Safari displays the forum correctly. And if I press IE8's "compatibility" button, the page is also rendered correctly.

You can check it out yourself, the forum is on http://forum.nhancer.com and the plain unchanged style is called "test". The only changes made to the style the forum is usually using is the logo and an ad banner.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Try this setting:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Grestorn
          • Jan 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Try this setting:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header

Thanks a lot!

Still, will you update your templates in some future release?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...