• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • izonim
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.7.x

How to add attachments to issues in Projects

Hello,

Sorry for the basic question, but I'm a new Project Tools user and cannot find a way to add attachments to issues. When creating a thread in forums there is an option on the form to manage attachments, but there is no such button in Project Tools issues.

I'm logged in with administrator permissions and have attachment permissions set globally, in forums, and in Project Tools permissions. I can add attachments in the forums on my board, but not in Project Tools; I jsut can't find any way to do that. I've checked the documentaiton and it doesn't mention it. I'm using the latest version of Project Tools.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I see it in Project Permissions: Can Upload Attachments
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• izonim
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.7.x

The Project Tools permissions have already been set to "Can Upload Attachments" for all user groups. I verified that this permission was set globally, and was not overridden by per project permissions. Attached is a screenshot of the Attachments section of my Project Permissions screen. But there is still no option to upload attachments in Issues. Please let me know what else I can check.

Thanks for the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

• izonim
        • Oct 2008
        • 3.7.x

I found out that I can add attachments after the Issue has first been created. If I go back into it after it's created then I can attach. Is this the way it's supposed to work, or should I be able to add attachments when I create the Issue? Thanks.

Comment

• GHC Webmaster
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by izonim
          I found out that I can add attachments after the Issue has first been created. If I go back into it after it's created then I can attach. Is this the way it's supposed to work, or should I be able to add attachments when I create the Issue? Thanks.
          I have the same question as well, and would appreciate an answer.

Regards,

Walrick

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

You can only add them afterwards, as it currently stands.

Comment

• Altered
              • Mar 2002
              • 4.2.X

Are there any plans to change it so you can upload attachments when creating the ticket?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...