X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgf207
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

What are the use of Tags

I just installed project tool and really like it. It will make my development team much more efficient. I just had one question though. What function do Tags serve? I'm not sure what kind of tags to create and what would be the benefit of assigning tags to a bug/feature

Any input would be beneficial

Thanks
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

It's really domain specific. Maybe you have a separate QA team, so you tag things that they need to review with something specific.

Or perhaps this bug is serious enough to be a "blocker" for the next release.

Really any piece of metadata (that you want to be able to search on, usually) that isn't represented by the versions/categories/etc can be done with a tag.

Comment

• rgf207
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Ok I see what you are saying.

So say I have a lot of features that I consider a Number 1 Priority but something comes along that should take precedence and be completed even before the "1" priority items. I could tag that with "Immediate" or something like that so the developers will know to focus on that first?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

You'd need to tell your developers about that obviously, but that would be one possibility.

Comment

• Michelle
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Is it possible to allow users to choose tags?
          I can't find any relevant permission and it seems they currently can't.

Comment

• King Kovifor
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Michelle
            Is it possible to allow users to choose tags?
            I can't find any relevant permission and it seems they currently can't.
            Admin CP -> Project Tools -> Project Permissions -> "Usergroup Name" -> Can Create Custom Tags

Comment

• Michelle
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.7.x

I don't want them to create custom tags, I just want them to see the predefined ones and be able to choose from them.

Comment

• King Kovifor
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.7.x

Same page, set the above setting to know and set the following permissions:
                Can Edit Issue Tags when Assigned
                Can Edit Issue Tags when Unassigned

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...