Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thalador
    • Apr 2008

IP Security

Well I guess this could be a how do I, so here goes. I am currently using a nuke-evolution based system and moving it over to vb. The nuke-evo comes with a mod called Sentinal for IP security, banning, user/ip info etc.. Does VB have something similar built in, or do I need a mod? I see the part in the admin for user banning options, but things that I am missing are these:

1. The ability to disallow proxy servers

2. The ability to lookup an IP address based on people currently on the site - for example if I have guests on my system can I see all the IP addresses and ban from there?

Hope thats it. Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. You can ban IP addresses but there is no way I know of to automatically determine if an IP is from a proxy server.

2. Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerz
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.8.x

The first one is possible with a mod from http://vBulletin.org

Could you expand on the second one, please? I know Steve says it's not possible, but if I'm understanding what you mean I believe it is...

Comment

• thalador
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CHIPIT
        The first one is possible with a mod from http://vBulletin.org

Could you expand on the second one, please? I know Steve says it's not possible, but if I'm understanding what you mean I believe it is...
        With the second one I mean this; if I have 20 guests online I want a place where I can see all the ip's they are coming from and have the ability to ban from that screen (the one that doesnt exist yet)

Comment

• Jerz
          • Apr 2007
          • 3.8.x

Hmm. The who's online page will let you see IPs of online guests and members, but there's not interface there to ban, this must be done in the ACP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...