• Show
Clear All
  • lcforum
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Some basic, dumb newbie qustions....

Here is my new forum:
    Local Church of Witness Lee Lord's Recovery Discussions

Also I can seem to find out where I can ad the category of Moderators on the main page - basically, I want to set up my main page to look like this where the categories run across the top as:
    "FORUM LAST POST THREADS POSTS MODERATOR"

Just like this forum has:

This is a GREAT forum program! Thanks for all your help guys!

Grateful Newbie
    Last edited by lcforum; Sun 6 Apr '08, 11:25am.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support. You can set this as a global option by going to the Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options box > vBulletin Options link > Forum Listings Display Options > Show Moderator Column? Yes.

Comment

• lcforum
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.6.x

Thanks so much Floris!
      Couple more quickies...

Where on the admin section can I install a main header "logo"..like the vBulletin logo that is at the top right on this forum?

How do I create a forum that is ONLY VISIBLE and available for posting ONLY to FORUM LEADERS? I do not want anybody (even other members who are logged on) to even see that this forum exists.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Jingus
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by lcforum
        Where on the admin section can I install a main header "logo"..like the vBulletin logo that is at the top right on this forum?
        Admin cp> all styles>scroll down to Image Paths> the top panel "Title Image"This is the image located in the 'header' template, used as the main logo for your forum. Type in the image path. Click save.
        First you have to make a banner and load it up to your host.
        typically it would go into your images folder in misc.
        If you name your banner, logo1 and save it as jpg, the image path will be
        images/misc/logo1.jpg

How do I create a forum that is ONLY VISIBLE and available for posting ONLY to FORUM LEADERS? I do not want anybody (even other members who are logged on) to even see that this forum exists.

Thanks again!
        First create the forum, name it test forum or something because everyone will be able to see it for a few minutes until it is hidden.
        After it is hidden you can rename it anything you want.
        After you have created the forum do this.
        AdminCP>Forums and moderators> Click forum manager>scroll down to the forum you want hidden>open the window and select "View permissions"
        Click "deny all" this will make the forum invisable to everyone, even you. Now click on administrator and click "All yes" click save. Do the same for the group you want to be able to see the forum.
        Last edited by Jingus; Sun 13 Apr '08, 2:33pm.

Comment

• lcforum
          • Apr 2008
          • 3.6.x

How do I change the font size of the displayed user names?
          Last edited by lcforum; Tue 13 May '08, 12:00pm.

Comment

• lcforum
            • Apr 2008
            • 3.6.x

Regarding posting multiple images on the header to my forum

In the Style manager, under Image Paths, in the title image box CAN I PLACE MORE THEN ONE IMAGE IN THERE TO BE DISPLAYED?
            If so, how do I separate them in the title image box?
            When I put two of them in there it seems to be displaying ONLY ONE image and ignores the second one.
            Maybe I am not separating them out properly, or is it that there is only ONE image allowed in this box?

Also, what is the easiest way to place text in the same header box. Do I really have to upload things like that to the server which hosts my forum. I really don't want to have to do that, it was complicated enough to get the forum installed. All I want is a couple of images (photos) and a few lines of text in the header box - nothing really fancy.

lastly, I want the "header" box (with the images and simple text) to be displayed ONLY on the MAIN, opening page of the forum. I do not want it displayed once somebody enters into an individual forum or subforum or when viewing individual threads.

Thanks for your help guys!

here is my forum. The image I am talking about is a photo pulled off of google.
            Last edited by lcforum; Tue 13 May '08, 12:53pm.

Comment