X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Botak
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.2.X

MySQL DB size

What is the minimum MySQL size to run VB?
  • R1lover
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

What are you asking? What is the size of the database for a new fresh install?

Or what is the typical size?

It all depends on the size of the fourm and how many users, threads, data etc...

Maybe re-ask your question so we know what you mean.
    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• The Botak
      • Mar 2008
      • 4.2.X

What is the size for a new install.

I expect approximately 300-500 users per day, with 50-100 online maximum at any one time. Probably 20 new threads per day.

Comment

• R1lover
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.8.x

Depending on the setup of the new install it would probably be about 15mb to start and grow from there... it all depends on how it's all setup and what size images and uploads you allow and where you store them. I have one forum that averages about 550 members a day that has been online for 1.5 years and the database is about 90mb or so... this is keeping images stored as files and not it the database.

There are too many things that would be different on each site, so it's tough to give you a clear answer.
        www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• The Botak
          • Mar 2008
          • 4.2.X

Thanks R1lover, it gives me something to start with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...