X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffinj
    • Apr 2006

threaded mode questions

It says in admincp

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.
    Is threaded mode really that important? Do people prefer it? Would it cause any performance or any other problem if I disable it?
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Some people do prefer it, while others prefer linear mode. Many forums I've seen disable threaded mode, although others run in threaded mode as default.

Examples:
    www.forumsforchrist.com and www.peterska2.com only run in linear mode (have threaded/hybrid mode disabled)
    www.popularusenetgroups.com runs in threaded mode by default.

As to whether or not you disable it and performance issues, it has never made any difference performance-wise in my personal experience. It is your preferences for your forums as to if you have it enabled or disabled.

Comment

• jeffinj
      • Apr 2006

There are some members on my forum who are absolutely new to forums. It takes a bit of time for them to understand how to reply, when the click thing is required to quick reply. So I thought I would disable threaded option completely and switch of the click thing requirement for quick reply.

Thanks for your opinion Kerry.
      www.christianforumsite.com
      sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...