Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sch3dana
    • Dec 2007

"What's Going On?" question

Does anyone know what an "error message" is on the forum? I think that a "no permission" is for people who try to post w/o being logged in, but I keep seeing people getting error messages and I can't imagine what that is... right now there's someone on and it says they're "viewing thread" and the little yield sign is up.

We seem to be having a lot of people register and then never post. We think they must be getting tripped up somewhere in the process, so we're trying to trouble shoot this and all the time watching "What's Going On?" to track users. If anyone has any advice on this, I would love any info at all.

Thanks.
  • sch3dana
    • Dec 2007

Anyone there who could help? Am I asking a stupid question? If so, please feel free to explain why I'm being dumb, as I really don't know

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I don't understand what you are asking. Try again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Have you tried registering a new account at your own forum and seeing what permissions you get? If you have it set where you need to confirm your registration, first see what your permissions are before confirming it, then see what your permissions are afterwards. Do this on several pages and also on the ones your are seeing the yield sign on.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Korinth
          • Feb 2007

I think it might have something to do with registering first via e-mail confirm.

A person can be listed as registered but have not got around to confirming the e-mail account and thus the error message as one cannot post if the confirm e-mail is enabled (at least I think). You can disable the confirm e-mail options so it won't be necessary to confirm before one can post.

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jack89
            I hate sites with a confirm email after register.
            When that happens I just close the page and don't go back unless it's for something important.

And I'm probably not the only person that does that.
            Yet sometimes that's one of the most effective ways to help ward off spammers. It's not like it takes that much effort; get an email, click a link. I guess if it's important to you, then you'd do it. Otherwise I guess it just freeze up the username for someone else who may come and want to use it later.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...